    Some bad news, though; DVDBeaver has a review of the new French "High
    Definition" transfer, and it is, by most standards, 'good,' but by Lynch
    standards; *very* disappointing.

    The Man With No Name, Dec 11, 2005

  2. The Man With No Name

    pauLL Guest

    Just received my French "Lost Highway" plus 2 disc Raging Bull (yay! 16:9
    transfer) from Amazon Fr.

    Haven't watched it yet as it's a Xmas pressie but the
    packaging is gorgeous and chunky. It has some hologram type effect on the
    cover that changes as you tilt the packaging back and forth. A David Lynch
    fan would definitely appreciate it.

    I think it has a booklet inside too judging by the chunky box. Better start
    learning to read French..

    pauLL, Dec 13, 2005

  3. The Man With No Name

    Damon Guest

    pauLL wrote:
    > Just received my French "Lost Highway" plus 2 disc Raging Bull (yay! 16:9
    > transfer) from Amazon Fr.
    >
    > Haven't watched it yet as it's a Xmas pressie but the
    > packaging is gorgeous and chunky. It has some hologram type effect on the
    > cover that changes as you tilt the packaging back and forth. A David Lynch
    > fan would definitely appreciate it.
    >
    > I think it has a booklet inside too judging by the chunky box. Better start
    > learning to read French..

    I read on IMDB that Lost Highway was the last film in which Richard
    Pryor appeared.
    Nice timing for special re-release

    Damon

    Damon, Dec 13, 2005