    files off one on to another. I follow the instructions and it just
    don't happen. I don't even get the "my network" in the START menu! I
    know that ain't right. Please help and thanks in advance.
    Mr.G (@¿@), Jul 5, 2010

  2. Mr.G  (@¿@)

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 7/5/2010 4:37 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mr.G (@¿@) wrote the
    following tidbit of information:

    http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1427 GOOD LUCK

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Jul 5, 2010

  3. Mr.G  (@¿@)

    chuckcar Guest

    Mr.G (@¿@) <> wrote in

    > Hi and I have 3 computers on a wifi and can't for the life of me get
    > files off one on to another. I follow the instructions and it just
    > don't happen. I don't even get the "my network" in the START menu! I
    > know that ain't right. Please help and thanks in advance.

    Well for one thing, the icon you seem to be referring to is on the
    desktop - or if there's no network card or other network device on the
    computer can be found in control panel.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jul 5, 2010
  4. Mr.G  (@¿@)

    Tony Guest

    Chuck you're just going to confuse him more than he already is.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first
    day on the job for potty mouth,

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Jul 6, 2010
  5. Mr.G  (@¿@)

    Meat Plow Guest

    Re: somebody walk me though getting file sharing on a wifi homenetwork

    On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 14:37:33 -0700, Mr.G (@¿@) ÇʇoɹÊ:

    > Hi and I have 3 computers on a wifi and can't for the life of me get
    > files off one on to another. I follow the instructions and it just don't
    > happen. I don't even get the "my network" in the START menu! I know that
    > ain't right. Please help and thanks in advance.

    What are:

    Operating systems
    Wifi devices.
    Network type - Ad Hoc or Infrastructure.
    Work group names?
    Meat Plow, Jul 6, 2010
  6. Mr.G  (@¿@)

    Mr.G (@¿@) Guest

    On Jul 5, 3:47 pm, OldGringo38 <> wrote:
    > On 7/5/2010 4:37 PM Just to please that super-ego, Mr.G (@ @) wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:> Hi and I have 3 computers on a wifi and can't for the life of me get
    > > files off one on to another. I follow the instructions and it just
    > > don't happen. I don't even get the "my network" in the START menu! I
    > > know that ain't right. Please help and thanks in advance.

    > http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1427 GOOD LUCK
    >
    > --
    > OldGringo38
    > Just West Of Nowhere
    > Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullesthttp://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com

    Ok I read the artical and it was helpful but I still can't get the
    computers to see each other. I do get a wierd message when I set up a
    wireless network and try to see the workgroup. It tells me I don't
    have the "right" to see them but I'm the administrator!
    Mr.G (@¿@), Jul 7, 2010