    Windows XP MCE 2005

    Thanks,
    Robin

    Robin, Mar 14, 2007

  2. Robin

    olfart Guest

    "Robin" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am missing MSPaint, Windows Standard Cursors, my calculator, and wordpad.
    >However when I tried the add/remove windows components, it asked for a copy
    >of Windows XP Pro CD? I have MCE and it came with my computer so I don't
    >have the CD...
    >
    > HP Pavilion a1330n
    > AMD Athlon 3800+
    > Windows XP MCE 2005
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Robin

    Use the CD you have.

    olfart, Mar 14, 2007

  3. Robin

    Robin Guest

    "olfart" <> wrote in message

    > "Robin" <> wrote in message
    >>I am missing MSPaint, Windows Standard Cursors, my calculator, and
    >>wordpad. However when I tried the add/remove windows components, it asked
    >>for a copy of Windows XP Pro CD? I have MCE and it came with my computer
    >>so I don't have the CD...
    >>
    >> HP Pavilion a1330n
    >> AMD Athlon 3800+
    >> Windows XP MCE 2005
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Robin
    >>

    > Use the CD you have.

    See above....

    "

    Robin, Mar 14, 2007
  4. Robin

    olfart Guest

    "Robin" <> wrote in message

    > "olfart" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Robin" <> wrote in message
    >>>I am missing MSPaint, Windows Standard Cursors, my calculator, and
    >>>wordpad. However when I tried the add/remove windows components, it asked
    >>>for a copy of Windows XP Pro CD? I have MCE and it came with my computer
    >>>so I don't have the CD...
    >>>
    >>> HP Pavilion a1330n
    >>> AMD Athlon 3800+
    >>> Windows XP MCE 2005
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Robin
    >>>

    >> Use the CD you have.

    > See above....
    > " it asked for a copy
    >>>of Windows XP Pro CD? I have MCE and it came with my computer so I don't
    >>>have the CD..."

    > "

    Did you try it???
    MCE includes WinXP

    olfart, Mar 14, 2007
  5. Robin

    Gordon Guest

    "Robin" <> wrote in message
    >I am missing MSPaint, Windows Standard Cursors, my calculator, and wordpad.
    >However when I tried the add/remove windows components, it asked for a copy
    >of Windows XP Pro CD? I have MCE and it came with my computer so I don't
    >have the CD...

    See if you have a folder called "I386" (without the quotes) on your machine.
    If you have, when you are asked for the CD, navigate to it.

    Gordon, Mar 14, 2007
  6. Robin

    Robin Guest

    "olfart" <> wrote in message

    > "Robin" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "olfart" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Robin" <> wrote in message

    >>> Use the CD you have.

    >> See above....
    >> " it asked for a copy

    >> "
    >>>

    > Did you try it???
    > MCE includes WinXP

    The point is...I do not have any CD for windows XP at all. How can I try it
    if I do not have a CD to insert? I know MCE includes XP.

    Either I am not understanding what you are saying, or vice-versa. Where do
    you suggest I direct the install? The only choices it gives me are E:\i386
    or browse. Again, I do not have any CD to insert at all. So what file do
    you suggest I direct it to? Please tell me.
    Thank you

    Robin, Mar 14, 2007
  7. Robin

    Robin Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "Robin" <> wrote in message
    >>I am missing MSPaint, Windows Standard Cursors, my calculator, and
    >>wordpad. However when I tried the add/remove windows components, it asked
    >>for a copy of Windows XP Pro CD? I have MCE and it came with my computer
    >>so I don't have the CD...
    >>

    > See if you have a folder called "I386" (without the quotes) on your
    > machine. If you have, when you are asked for the CD, navigate to it.

    Thank you. I tried that and I click OK and no matter how many times I click
    OK, it just keeps popping up. Is it actually doing anything? Or is it not
    finding what it needs there?
    Thank you

    Robin, Mar 14, 2007
  8. Robin

    Robin Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "Robin" <> wrote in message
    >>I am missing MSPaint, Windows Standard Cursors, my calculator, and
    >>wordpad. However when I tried the add/remove windows components, it asked
    >>for a copy of Windows XP Pro CD? I have MCE and it came with my computer
    >>so I don't have the CD...
    >>

    > See if you have a folder called "I386" (without the quotes) on your
    > machine. If you have, when you are asked for the CD, navigate to it.

    Oh, and it is on my C:\ drive. Is that the right one?
    Thanks again

    Robin, Mar 14, 2007
  9. Robin

    Gordon Guest

    "Robin" <> wrote in message

    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> "Robin" <> wrote in message
    >>>I am missing MSPaint, Windows Standard Cursors, my calculator, and
    >>>wordpad. However when I tried the add/remove windows components, it asked
    >>>for a copy of Windows XP Pro CD? I have MCE and it came with my computer
    >>>so I don't have the CD...
    >>>

    >> See if you have a folder called "I386" (without the quotes) on your
    >> machine. If you have, when you are asked for the CD, navigate to it.

    > Oh, and it is on my C:\ drive. Is that the right one?
    > Thanks again

    that's the one. Once you have done that, it will automatically look there in
    the future...

    Gordon, Mar 14, 2007
  10. Robin

    Robin Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "Robin" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Robin" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> See if you have a folder called "I386" (without the quotes) on your
    >>> machine. If you have, when you are asked for the CD, navigate to it.

    >> Oh, and it is on my C:\ drive. Is that the right one?
    >> Thanks again

    > that's the one. Once you have done that, it will automatically look there
    > in the future...

    Ok thanks. I will try that.

    Robin, Mar 14, 2007