Some tray icons disappear

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by kimiraikkonen, Feb 4, 2007.

  1. Hello,
    I need your help about this common problem runnıng on XP Pro SP2.

    I have only 4 icons that have to appear in the system tray after
    logging on. But sometimes some of icons disappear although they are
    present at ''system processes'' when you do ctrl-alt-del and working.
    But i cannot see some icons after start-up Windows.

    These icons are:
    1-Safe Remove Hardware (for my PCMCIA ethernet adapter, sometimes
    appear sometimes disapper when connected to the internet at start-up)
    2-Sound icon
    3-A4 Tech's amoumain.exe
    4-LAN connection icon

    Sometimes, i did not figure out that one of these icons disappear
    after just logging on Windows, maybe more icons.

    Is there a hotfix or solution for this annoyance?

    Note: I'am not talking about ''hide inactive icons'', well this
    feature is disabled but still some icons disappear. Why?

    Thanks for the advance.
    kimiraikkonen, Feb 4, 2007

  2. kimiraikkonen

    Guest

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm maybe.

    --
    http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/dudefalling.php
    , Feb 4, 2007

  3. kimiraikkonen

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Hi Kimi - The next time this happens, try opening a Command window and
    entering the following (all on one line, BTW with no spaces inside either of
    the two path segments - it will wrap in this newsgroup posting
    unfortunately):

    %systemroot%\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE
    %systemroot%\System32\user32.dll,UpdatePerUserSystemParameters ,1 ,True

    If that works (it may not, BTW) then open Notepad and enter the same thing
    (again all on one line) and save it as something like RestoreDesktop.bat
    and then just double click on it to run it as necessary whenever it happens.

    --
    Regards, Jim Byrd, MVP, DTS, ASVOP
    My Blog, Defending Your Machine,

    In news:,
    kimiraikkonen <> typed:

    Jim Byrd, Feb 5, 2007
  4. kimiraikkonen

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Just to clarify - there should be one space between the RUNDLL32.EXE and the
    following %systemroot%

    --
    Regards, Jim Byrd, MVP, DTS, ASVOP
    My Blog, Defending Your Machine,