Some times Windows 7 loses the connections to my USB devices and reconnect it again

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Anders Boholdt-Petersen, Jun 17, 2011.

  1. Hi everyone,

    I experience a curious problem when I boot up Windows 7 64-bit:
    Some times Windows 7 64-bit loses the connections to my USB-device, e.g. a
    wireless network-adapter, and after a chord period reconnect again.

    Practically Windows 7 detect the USB-devices as a new devices, so if Windows
    7 loses the connection to my wireless network-adapter, I should find and
    enter my informations to my wireless network before Windows 7 will connect
    to my wireless network again.

    If I first disconnect the concerned USB-devices, start up Windows 7 and
    connect the devices again, Windows 7 detect the devices fine. Therefore I
    guess that the drivers to my computers USB-controllers load before Windows 7
    is fully booted up, but I am not sure.

    The other day Windows 7 will not connect to my wireless network again, so I
    must remove and install the USB-based wireless-adapter before Windows 7
    again will connect to my network.

    My motherboard is ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO USB3, and I have installed the latest
    drivers from ASUS as well as from the manufactory of my wireless-adapter.

    Some times I also have the same problem with my other USB-devices (e.g. a
    USB-memory stick).

    Have other person heard about the problem I describe above before?

    Very thanks for the answers.

    / Anders
    Anders Boholdt-Petersen, Jun 17, 2011

  2. Anders Boholdt-Petersen

    Carlos Guest

    Re: Some times Windows 7 loses the connections to my USB devices andreconnect it again

    Hi,
    Are you connecting your USB devices directly to the ports, i.e., by
    not using any extension or hub?
    Try not using the USB3 ports for your devices unless they are USB3
    ones.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jun 18, 2011

  3. "Carlos" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Are you connecting your USB devices directly to the ports, i.e., by
    > not using any extension or hub?

    NO.

    > Try not using the USB3 ports for your devices unless they are USB3
    > ones.

    Is all USB3-cards back compatible with USB2-devices or have I misunderstod?

    Since I have read on the documentation to my USB-cards that they also could
    support USB2-devices, I have set USB2-devices to USB3-cards.

    Thanks for the answers.

    / Anders
    Anders Boholdt-Petersen, Jun 18, 2011

    Anders Boholdt-Petersen, Jun 18, 2011

    Anders Boholdt-Petersen, Jun 18, 2011
  6. Anders Boholdt-Petersen

    Carlos Guest

    Re: Some times Windows 7 loses the connections to my USB devices andreconnect it again

    Hi,
    Of course USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0
    I am just trying to narrow down the root cause.
    Wireless USB adapters are all USB 2.0 so there is no point in
    connecting them to USB 3.0 ports.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jun 18, 2011
  7. Anders Boholdt-Petersen

    Kue2 Guest

    except for 3.0 usb device like external hd.
    Anders, see if there is updated drivers for the USB from your MB
    manufacturer
    I had to update mine from Asus before they would work correctly.

    Kue2, Jun 20, 2011