some timeline questions

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by chris, Nov 10, 2003.

  1. chris

    chris Guest

    i would like to acheive this certification fairly soon.
    does anyone have a general idea as to when:

    i can find a practice test? (not interested taking the
    beta) though i would be interested in having the list if
    questions. (without answers, it would help me learn to
    find them myself :)

    the books for this course might be available?

    i.e. a few weeks, or more like a few months?

    im interested in getting this cert for a career change. i
    have taken an mcse course before, unfortunatly it wasnt
    from an mctec (i didnt know any better at the time) and i
    learned very little, and did not pass an exam. :( however,
    im not giving up! i want to get this cert now, and make a
    career change, then continue working towards mcse once im
    in the IT feild. im sure it'll help to have some sort of
    experiance before trying land an mcse job!

    anyhow, i have taken a test, so i have a good idea as to
    what it takes to pass the exams. more importantly, i'd
    like to learn what it takes to *do the job*. i wish more
    people understood the difference. nothing comes that easy.
    your not going to get paid 50K a year because you
    memorized the practice tests. it *might* get you the job,
    but the first time your boss has a problem and you
    say "B...add more RAM" your out the door.

    ok i apologize for this rant, but reading a few threads
    here reminds that people dont fully understand what they
    are getting into.

    it would also be helpful if any of you "old-timers" ;p
    could share some helpful info, or provide links to helpful
    websites concerning getting certified and finding a job.

    sincerely,
    Chris

    A.K.A. "not a burger king fry cook
    lookin for a free ride to a window office and a corporate
    paycheck."

    chris, Nov 10, 2003

  2. chris

    Guest Guest

    the 2nd exam will end mid-nov, there will be a minimum of
    6 weeks (usually 6-12 weeks and averaging 8 weeks), which
    means that sometime in Mid January.

    Guest, Nov 10, 2003