    So I'm at a loss here. I'm open to try any ideas!

    Thanks in advance.
    -Michael.
    Nondisclosure007, Jun 22, 2009

  2. Nondisclosure007

    James Egan Guest

    On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 22:48:30 -0700 (PDT), Nondisclosure007
    <> wrote:

    >but all sites ok wired.
    >
    >Let me explain. I'll use whitehouse.gov and jcp.com for examples.
    >When I'm hooked up on a wired connection on my home network, I can get
    >to these sites w/ no problem. When I'm hooked up wirelessly, I
    >timeout trying to get to these sites (other sites, like cnn.com and
    >google.com, work on both connections).
    >
    >Same home network. I've tried this on 3 different brand of laptops;
    >same exact issue on all three.
    >
    >OS's are all Windows Vista Ultimate (2 are 32bit ad 1 is 64bit).
    >
    >So I'm at a loss here. I'm open to try any ideas!

    It's possibly a MTU issue. Read this for a description of why some web
    sites work and others don't. You might be able to fix the problem by
    adjusting the MTU on the wireless interface (with DrTCP)

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk175/tk15/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093bc7.shtml

    Jim.
    James Egan, Jun 22, 2009