    time limit has expired. . is there a program to completely remove every
    single part of this to allow a new install again
    thanks
    anthony crowder, Nov 22, 2006

  2. anthony crowder

    beenthere Guest

    "anthony crowder" <> wrote in message
    news:xXX8h.22647$...
    > Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not work after the
    > time limit has expired. . is there a program to completely remove every
    > single part of this to allow a new install again
    > thanks

    CCleaner will remove redundant entries from the Registry.
    And clean up a lot of other cr*p.
    Untick Everything. Then re-tick what you need !
    The Registry control is under Issues.
    http://www.ccleaner.com/download/

    bw..OJ
    beenthere, Nov 22, 2006

  3. anthony crowder

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:06:37 GMT, "anthony crowder" <>
    wrote:

    >Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not work after the
    >time limit has expired. . is there a program to completely remove every
    >single part of this to allow a new install again
    >thanks

    If you'd pay for the program like you're supposed to, you wouldn't have that
    problem.

    --
    A luser is someone who returns a perfectly good hammer to the hardware
    store saying "There's something wrong with it.  I keep hitting my
    Mara, Nov 22, 2006
  4. anthony crowder

    old man Guest

    Sure, its called a wallet

    old man, Nov 22, 2006
  5. anthony crowder

    <> wrote:

    >Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not work after the
    >time limit has expired. . is there a program to completely remove every
    >single part of this to allow a new install again
    >thanks

    It depends how well the author has hidden the counts. I don't bother
    trying to hide anything because I'm not that interested in selling to
    people who want to rip me off!

    http://www.easynn.com
    , Nov 22, 2006
  6. anthony crowder

    Alasdair Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not work after the
    >time limit has expired. . is there a program to completely remove every
    >single part of this to allow a new install again
    >thanks

    You can get a program called Datecrack which sets the date and time on
    your computer to anything you want just before accessing the time
    limited software.

    --
    Alasdair.
    Alasdair, Nov 22, 2006
  7. anthony crowder

    Guest

    On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:46:46 +0000, Alasdair <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:06:37 GMT, "anthony crowder"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not work after the
    >>time limit has expired. . is there a program to completely remove every
    >>single part of this to allow a new install again
    >>thanks

    >You can get a program called Datecrack which sets the date and time on
    >your computer to anything you want just before accessing the time
    >limited software.

    It doesn't work with applications that actually use or need the real
    time. In fact, it often screws them up completely and some authors use
    very unnerving suicide routines. As I said before, I don't bother with
    any protection and date hiding because I don't want customers who try
    to rip me off.

    http://www.easynn.com
    , Nov 22, 2006
  8. anthony crowder

    thanatoid Guest

    wrote in

    > On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:06:37 GMT, "anthony crowder"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not
    >>work after the time limit has expired. . is there a program
    >>to completely remove every single part of this to allow a
    >>new install again thanks
    >>

    > It depends how well the author has hidden the counts. I
    > don't bother trying to hide anything because I'm not that
    > interested in selling to people who want to rip me off!

    With all due respect, I don't understand your logic. You are
    saying if people are jerks, you don't mind if they steal from
    you, aren't you?
    thanatoid, Nov 22, 2006
  9. anthony crowder

    thanatoid Guest

    "anthony crowder" <> wrote in

    > Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not
    > work after the time limit has expired. . is there a program
    > to completely remove every single part of this to allow a
    > new install again thanks

    Yes, it's called a credit card.

    If you use shareware regularly, you should pay for it. I have
    paid for software which was forever 100% operational and didn't
    even have a nag screen but was spectacularly useful.

    OTOH, if I only use a shareware program once a year or less, I
    see no point in paying for it.

    Obviously, you use this particular software a lot. Don't be an
    asshole and support the author. If not for people like him/her,
    we'd all have to use MS shit for everything, and would not be
    able to do many things AT ALL since you still can't print a
    directory contents from Windows, among hundreds of other things.

    (You know who you are: WINDOWS, not DOS "window", not command
    line, not custom written batch file, WINDOWS).
    thanatoid, Nov 22, 2006
  10. anthony crowder

    Alasdair Guest

    On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:55:24 +0000, wrote:

    >It doesn't work with applications that actually use or need the real
    >time. In fact, it often screws them up completely and some authors use
    >very unnerving suicide routines. As I said before, I don't bother with
    >any protection and date hiding because I don't want customers who try
    >to rip me off.

    I use Datecrack to access old BT phone directories on CD. The CD
    expires after about 15 months and cannot (officially) be accessed. I
    see nothing morally wrong with that as I paid for the CD and renewed
    it after a year. Why should I not be able to access the old CDs?

    Had I bought the directory in paper form, I could use it for ever. Why
    should it be any different for a CD?

    --
    Alasdair.
    Alasdair, Nov 22, 2006
  11. anthony crowder

    Thip Guest

    > Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not work after the
    > time limit has expired. . is there a program to completely remove every
    > single part of this to allow a new install again
    > thanks

    Google for an app called Beyondo. It lets you create a variety of dates for
    time-limited s/w.
    Thip, Nov 22, 2006
  12. anthony crowder

    Guest

    On 22 Nov 2006 17:29:02 GMT, thanatoid <>
    wrote:

    > wrote in
    >
    >> On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:06:37 GMT, "anthony crowder"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not
    >>>work after the time limit has expired. . is there a program
    >>>to completely remove every single part of this to allow a
    >>>new install again thanks
    >>>

    >> It depends how well the author has hidden the counts. I
    >> don't bother trying to hide anything because I'm not that
    >> interested in selling to people who want to rip me off!
    >>

    >With all due respect, I don't understand your logic. You are
    >saying if people are jerks, you don't mind if they steal from
    >you, aren't you?

    No, I'm saying I don't care if they change the time limits just to use
    my trial versions. Such people never buy my products so why should I
    care?

    http://www.easynn.com
    , Nov 22, 2006
  13. anthony crowder

    thanatoid Guest

    wrote in

    > On 22 Nov 2006 17:29:02 GMT, thanatoid
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote in

    >>> It depends how well the author has hidden the counts. I
    >>> don't bother trying to hide anything because I'm not that
    >>> interested in selling to people who want to rip me off!
    >>>

    >>With all due respect, I don't understand your logic. You
    >>are saying if people are jerks, you don't mind if they
    >>steal from you, aren't you?

    > No, I'm saying I don't care if they change the time limits
    > just to use my trial versions. Such people never buy my
    > products so why should I care?

    Oh, I guess your trial vers. have limitations then... right?
    thanatoid, Nov 22, 2006
  14. anthony crowder

    thanatoid Guest

    Alasdair <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:55:24 +0000,
    > wrote:
    >
    >>It doesn't work with applications that actually use or need
    >>the real time. In fact, it often screws them up completely
    >>and some authors use very unnerving suicide routines. As I
    >>said before, I don't bother with any protection and date
    >>hiding because I don't want customers who try to rip me
    >>off.

    > I use Datecrack to access old BT phone directories on CD.
    > The CD
    > expires after about 15 months and cannot (officially) be
    > accessed. I see nothing morally wrong with that as I paid
    > for the CD and renewed it after a year. Why should I not
    > be able to access the old CDs?
    >
    > Had I bought the directory in paper form, I could use it
    > for ever. Why should it be any different for a CD?

    There is in fact "sort of" a valid reason for that, except you
    should get a big discount each year. It's the same with
    "Physicians Desk Reference" in the US and many other time-
    dependent publications. The info is updated regularly and the
    older versions may be inaccurate, or in case of the PDF,
    actually dangerous (Google for Vioxx).
    thanatoid, Nov 22, 2006
  15. anthony crowder

    Guest

    On 22 Nov 2006 20:44:53 GMT, thanatoid <>
    wrote:

    > wrote in
    >
    >> On 22 Nov 2006 17:29:02 GMT, thanatoid
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> wrote in

    >>>With all due respect, I don't understand your logic. You
    >>>are saying if people are jerks, you don't mind if they
    >>>steal from you, aren't you?

    >> No, I'm saying I don't care if they change the time limits
    >> just to use my trial versions. Such people never buy my
    >> products so why should I care?
    >>

    >Oh, I guess your trial vers. have limitations then... right?

    No limitations at all but users of the trial version do not have
    access to lots of extras. The extras can be downloaded by users of the
    full version when required.

    http://www.easynn.com
    , Nov 22, 2006
  16. anthony crowder

    Gaius Baltar Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not work after the
    >time limit has expired. . is there a program to completely remove every
    >single part of this to allow a new install again
    >thanks

    Um yeah it's called a CRACK but that's illegal...
    doh!

    gb
    Gaius Baltar, Nov 22, 2006
  17. anthony crowder

    ProfGene Guest

    Re: Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not workafter the time limit has expired.

    anthony crowder wrote:
    > Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not work after the
    > time limit has expired. . is there a program to completely remove every
    > single part of this to allow a new install again
    > thanks

    If you really like the program pay for it as that is the idea of
    shareware. The reason why it won't work is most likely some DLL that
    works with the program saves the information about you.
    ProfGene, Nov 23, 2006
  18. anthony crowder

    thanatoid Guest

    wrote in

    > On 22 Nov 2006 20:44:53 GMT, thanatoid
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote in

    >>> No, I'm saying I don't care if they change the time
    >>> limits just to use my trial versions. Such people never
    >>> buy my products so why should I care?
    >>>

    >>Oh, I guess your trial vers. have limitations then...
    >>right?

    > No limitations at all but users of the trial version do not
    > have access to lots of extras. The extras can be downloaded
    > by users of the full version when required.

    Thank you for clarifying. Most would not have bothered. I have
    no idea what your software does, but I wish you success.

    Regards
    t.
    thanatoid, Nov 23, 2006
  19. anthony crowder

    Plato Guest

    thanatoid wrote:

    > >>Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not
    > >>work after the time limit has expired. . is there a program
    > >>to completely remove every single part of this to allow a
    > >>new install again thanks

    > > It depends how well the author has hidden the counts. I
    > > don't bother trying to hide anything because I'm not that
    > > interested in selling to people who want to rip me off!

    > With all due respect, I don't understand your logic. You are
    > saying if people are jerks, you don't mind if they steal from
    > you, aren't you?

    It's your job to protect your investment. Nobody else cares.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Nov 23, 2006
  20. anthony crowder

    Plato Guest

    anthony crowder wrote:

    > Some shareware has a time limit and the software will not work after the
    > time limit has expired. . is there a program to completely remove every
    > single part of this to allow a new install again

    Depends on the shareware. Best bet is to buy it if you want to keep on
    using it.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Nov 23, 2006