Some shared folders missing from My Network Places

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Michael T., May 27, 2009.

  1. Michael T.

    Michael T. Guest

    I have a wireless network at home.

    My laptop shares an Internet connection with my desktop computer. Both
    computers are using WinXP Home with SP3 installed.

    When I go to My Network Places (MNP) on my laptop I am able to see some of
    the folders I am sharing from my desktop computer.

    But I recently added some additional folders to share. But they do not
    appear in MNP on my laptop,

    Note: In left the left pane of MNP I clicked "View workgroup computers". I
    then clicked on the workgroup for my desktop computer. I *was* able to see
    all of the new 'shared' folders I just added.

    But how do I refresh the main window of MNP so the recently added folders
    appear?

    Michael
    Michael T., May 27, 2009

  2. "Michael T." <> wrote in message

    > When I go to My Network Places (MNP) on my laptop I am able to see some of
    > the folders I am sharing from my desktop computer.
    >
    > But I recently added some additional folders to share. But they do not
    > appear in MNP on my laptop,
    >
    > Note: In left the left pane of MNP I clicked "View workgroup computers". I
    > then clicked on the workgroup for my desktop computer. I *was* able to see
    > all of the new 'shared' folders I just added.

    You ought also to see (in Network Tasks, first item)
    "Add a network place."
    This is how you add a folder or filepath to the right side list.
    Is this item missing from your display?

    > But how do I refresh the main window of MNP so the recently added folders
    > appear?

    F5 is the usual Refresh key.
    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs
    Don Phillipson, May 27, 2009

  3. Michael T.

    Michael T. Guest

    "Don Phillipson" <> wrote:

    > F5 is the usual Refresh key.
    > --
    > Don Phillipson
    > Carlsbad Springs
    > (Ottawa, Canada)

    That's the first thing I tried Don.

    No joy.
    Michael T., May 27, 2009
  4. Manually add them with the "Add A Network Place".

    John

    John John - MVP, May 27, 2009
  5. Michael T.

    Michael T. Guest

    "John John - MVP" <> wrote:

    > Manually add them with the "Add A Network Place".
    >
    > John

    Thanks John.

    Not sure how I missed "Add a network place" in the top left pane of My
    Network Places. I think I am embarrassed.

    Anyway the steps are simple, but for anyone who wants specific instructions
    go to
    http://tinyurl.com/r64pwm
    Michael T., May 27, 2009