Some questions - beginner

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Pawel S, Nov 4, 2005.

  1. Pawel S

    Pawel S Guest

    Hello!

    Is it possible that I can do VoIP server on home computer with public IP
    ? I read some articles and they said "yes, it is possible". I'm confused
    because I don't know which technology I must use.I ask there because I
    have project for university and my teacher suggest that I'll write
    simple application client/server VoIP using C# or Java.
    I noticed that protocol SIP will be popular for next years. I tried find
    free library and I found:

    http://simp.mitre.org/ - I did not test it, but its written on old RFC
    2543. When I review rfc - actually rfc is 3261 - true ?

    https://jain-sip.dev.java.net/ - its a little old, about 2001 year.

    Can anybody help me with choice which library can I use ? Maybe jain is
    good ? I have some experience (about 1 year with programming in java, I
    know good basis).

    Greeting Paul
    Pawel S, Nov 4, 2005

  2. EventHelix.com, Nov 4, 2005

  3. Pawel S

    Pawel S Guest

    EventHelix.com wrote:
    > You could setup Asterix:
    >
    > http://www.asterisk.org/

    Hmm I don't find information about that it may run without required
    hardware phone. Is it possible ? My idea is that I run server VoIP (SIP)
    and I write application to connect via software VoIP with others persons.

    Thanks for help.

    Greetings Paul
    Pawel S, Nov 4, 2005
  4. Pawel S wrote:

    >> http://www.asterisk.org/

    > Hmm I don't find information about that it may run without required
    > hardware phone. Is it possible ? My idea is that I run server VoIP
    > (SIP) and I write application to connect via software VoIP with
    > others persons.

    You can interconnect any SIP or IAX application, hardware or software,
    with Asterisk.

    Cheers,

    --
    Klaus Alexander Seistrup
    Magnetic Ink, Copenhagen, Denmark
    Klaus Alexander Seistrup, Nov 4, 2005
  5. Pawel S

    Pawel S Guest

    Klaus Alexander Seistrup napisa³(a):

    >>Hmm I don't find information about that it may run without required
    >>hardware phone. Is it possible ? My idea is that I run server VoIP
    >>(SIP) and I write application to connect via software VoIP with
    >>others persons.

    > You can interconnect any SIP or IAX application, hardware or software,
    > with Asterisk.

    Thanks for help.

    Greetings Paul
    Pawel S, Nov 4, 2005