Some questions about MCAD

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Leoman730, Mar 16, 2005.

  1. Leoman730

    Leoman730 Guest

    Hi all,

    First, congradulate to the ppl who passed any of the exams
    for MCAD. Seconly, I wish ppl who are going to take the
    exam can pass.

    For myslef, I am planning to train myself to get my first
    microsoft certificate(MCAD) in 6 months. I dont know if i
    can do it or not but i am sure i will try my best as i can
    because... the exams are not cheap~~~^_^

    I do have some questions for the ppl who has passed the
    exam, and i hope you guys can give me some tips. I am
    appreciate for your help.

    1. when people mention use a lot of MSDN, I'd like to know
    in particular how you make use of MSDN?

    2. For the 70-305 exam, what is the perfect score for the
    test? I often seem ppl memtion score of 876, 854.. but is
    that sould be 876/1000, 854/1000?

    3. I just ordered the MS Press book yesterday and i'd like
    to know how ppl think about this book? I saw the message
    from a user in the forum (Jinah) said that the book is
    kind of weak, is it really?

    Thank you very much!!

    --leoman730

    Leoman730, Mar 16, 2005

  2. Leoman730

    Joseph MCAD Guest

    March 16, 2005

    I don't use MSDN very often. I think most people go
    to msdn.com and then read the articles that are posted
    and maybe attend some webcasts. You can click on the
    links such as: Security, Longhorn, ASP.Net, Visual Basic,
    etc, for more specialized content. I only use the MSDN
    library when I have to look up members of classes. A
    score of 1000 is commonly accepted as the maximum score,
    but they are just guessing as Microsoft will not say. I
    have heard a person on the MCP Member Site get over 1000
    before. (I believe the person said he/she got 1030.) The
    person also said that the exam monitor stated that there
    were "bonus" questions. I have read over 14 MSPress books
    and the Training Kits are very good. I think people
    sometimes say there weren't as good, because you already
    have to know the content partially to make full use out
    of the book. They aren't as good if you are just starting
    or expanding on limited knowledge of the subject. That is
    the reason I read them last when I prepare for an exam.
    Hope this helps and good luck to you!

    Joseph MCAD

    Joseph MCAD, Mar 16, 2005

  3. Leoman730

    dom Guest

    links from transcender to msdn are quite good because you
    can go to the msdn spot for questions you get wrong.

    dom, Mar 17, 2005
  4. Leoman730

    CoolRock Guest

    1.I use MSDN(not online but Library CD) whenever I
    develope/test a program cause I can't memorized all the
    classes and we need references for sample coding.
    2.In my exam report it said Passing Score:700 and Your
    Score:???..so they don't mention the total score.But
    normally we could guess it is 1000 cause the report also
    provide the bar graph for exam section.
    3.As for me,I totally dissapointed on MS Press book cause
    it is not good for exam but for others.So I would like to
    prefer that the best exam book I ever heard/use is
    Preplogic package.It is really great exam book so far.

    CoolRock, Mar 18, 2005
  5. Leoman730

    Raja Guest

    Since you asked about the 305 exam, I assume you're interested in the VB
    track of the exam.

    I would recommend these books over anything else and they're quite good also !
    70-305 : http://tinyurl.com/56cmr
    70-306 : http://tinyurl.com/5hapf
    70-310 : http://tinyurl.com/52oav
    Errata : http://www.larkware.com/TGErrata.txt