    Flash)that allows for image transition (fading through black), but allow
    for different sized images. The java and dhtml scripts I've seen don't,
    and page transition effects that do only work in ie.

    click, May 4, 2007

  2. click

    Allistar Guest

    click wrote:

    > http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm
    >
    > I welcome suggestions for software to make web slide-shows (not
    > Flash)that allows for image transition (fading through black), but allow
    > for different sized images. The java and dhtml scripts I've seen don't,
    > and page transition effects that do only work in ie.

    Do you have high res copies of those photos you'd being willing to share, or
    trade for cash? In particular I like ch5, ch8, ch10 and especially ch19. By
    high res I mean around 4240x1050 (for my PC's wallpaper).

    Allistar.

    Allistar, May 4, 2007

  3. click

    click Guest

    Allistar wrote:
    > click wrote:
    >
    >> http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm
    >>
    >> I welcome suggestions for software to make web slide-shows (not
    >> Flash)that allows for image transition (fading through black), but allow
    >> for different sized images. The java and dhtml scripts I've seen don't,
    >> and page transition effects that do only work in ie.

    > Do you have high res copies of those photos you'd being willing to share, or
    > trade for cash? In particular I like ch5, ch8, ch10 and especially ch19. By
    > high res I mean around 4240x1050 (for my PC's wallpaper).
    >
    > Allistar.

    Are you sure of those dimensions?
    CH19 I think (I have to find the original on my HD) is originally
    something like 10,000 x 3200 or so. But with standard display ratios
    4:3, 16:9 etc. it needs to be cropped after resizing to fit on screen.

    click, May 4, 2007
  4. click wrote:
    > http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm
    >
    > I welcome suggestions for software to make web slide-shows (not
    > Flash)that allows for image transition (fading through black), but allow
    > for different sized images. The java and dhtml scripts I've seen don't,
    > and page transition effects that do only work in ie.

    I love the second one of Sumner beach with the reflections.

    You should get some street scenes. Armagh, Gloucester, Worcester and
    Hereford looking eastward from the behind the river (so you catch some
    greenery and bridges) are some of the prettiest general street scenes in
    NZ. (I also love the eastward view of Lichfield, but I think many
    wouldn't be with me there.) Durham/Cambridge looking south while turned
    towards the left side of the street would be my pick for the most
    utopian street scene in NZ.

    I'm A Trampoline, May 4, 2007
  5. Allistar wrote:
    > click wrote:
    >
    >> http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm
    >>
    >> I welcome suggestions for software to make web slide-shows (not
    >> Flash)that allows for image transition (fading through black), but allow
    >> for different sized images. The java and dhtml scripts I've seen don't,
    >> and page transition effects that do only work in ie.

    > Do you have high res copies of those photos you'd being willing to share, or
    > trade for cash? In particular I like ch5, ch8, ch10 and especially ch19. By
    > high res I mean around 4240x1050 (for my PC's wallpaper).

    I'm assuming you have rotating scenes of NZ as your wallpaper like I do.

    I'm A Trampoline, May 4, 2007
  6. click

    Rob Guest

    "click" <> wrote in message
    > http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm
    >
    > I welcome suggestions for software to make web slide-shows (not Flash)that
    > allows for image transition (fading through black), but allow for
    > different sized images. The java and dhtml scripts I've seen don't, and
    > page transition effects that do only work in ie.

    They probably use the features of IE to do the transitions. Just wondering
    why you don't want to use flash, as flash allows you to do some really cool
    things with slideshows.

    Rob, May 4, 2007
  7. click

    Allistar Guest

    click wrote:

    > Allistar wrote:
    >> click wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm
    >>>
    >>> I welcome suggestions for software to make web slide-shows (not
    >>> Flash)that allows for image transition (fading through black), but allow
    >>> for different sized images. The java and dhtml scripts I've seen don't,
    >>> and page transition effects that do only work in ie.

    >> Do you have high res copies of those photos you'd being willing to share,
    >> or trade for cash? In particular I like ch5, ch8, ch10 and especially
    >> ch19. By high res I mean around 4240x1050 (for my PC's wallpaper).
    >>
    >> Allistar.

    > Are you sure of those dimensions?

    Yes, I run a triple head setup, 1280x1024 + 1680x1050 + 1280x1024.

    > CH19 I think (I have to find the original on my HD) is originally
    > something like 10,000 x 3200 or so. But with standard display ratios
    > 4:3, 16:9 etc. it needs to be cropped after resizing to fit on screen.

    Cropping is not a problem. Are you in a position to give away or sell the
    high res versions of some of those images?

    Thanks,
    Allistar.

    Allistar, May 5, 2007
  8. click

    Damos Guest

    On Sat, 05 May 2007 15:14:58 +1200, Allistar <> wrote:

    > Yes, I run a triple head setup, 1280x1024 + 1680x1050 + 1280x1024.

    What card are you using?

    ?flights sims?

    D.

    --
    "It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
    or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our

    Carl Sagan.

    Damos, May 5, 2007
  9. click

    click Guest

    Allistar wrote:
    > click wrote:
    >
    >> http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm
    >>
    >> I welcome suggestions for software to make web slide-shows (not
    >> Flash)that allows for image transition (fading through black), but allow
    >> for different sized images. The java and dhtml scripts I've seen don't,
    >> and page transition effects that do only work in ie.

    > Do you have high res copies of those photos you'd being willing to share, or
    > trade for cash? In particular I like ch5, ch8, ch10 and especially ch19. By
    > high res I mean around 4240x1050 (for my PC's wallpaper).
    >
    > Allistar.

    Try these (resized to 4250 x 1050)
    larger version of Port Hills sunset image:
    http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/temp/ph4250.jpg
    Bark Bay - Abel Tasman National Park sunrise:
    http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/temp/bark4250.jpg
    Some of the others won't resize/crop well to that wide ratio - ie the
    photo of the seat will crop down so that you either don't get enough sky
    - or you cut the seat in half.
    Please note that I retain copyright, and disallow commercial use of
    these (or any) images.
    My email address (remove the nospam bit) works.

    click, May 5, 2007
  10. click

    Peter Guest

    click wrote:
    > http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm

    Those photos are superb!

    Why do they look so much better than shots I take with my digital? And what
    is "multiple exposure high resolution panorama"? Is this something
    ordinary folk can do, or does it take special facilities?

    TIA

    Peter

    Peter, May 5, 2007
  11. click

    XPD Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > click wrote:
    >> http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm

    > Those photos are superb!
    >
    > Why do they look so much better than shots I take with my digital? And
    > what
    > is "multiple exposure high resolution panorama"? Is this something
    > ordinary folk can do, or does it take special facilities?

    Was about to say the same thing LOL
    Guess its one of those things where it helps if you read the manual and
    learn the functions the camera properly - I probably use only 10% of what my
    camera can offer :p

    XPD, May 5, 2007
  12. click

    Allistar Guest

    Damos wrote:

    > On Sat, 05 May 2007 15:14:58 +1200, Allistar <> wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, I run a triple head setup, 1280x1024 + 1680x1050 + 1280x1024.

    > What card are you using?

    I have 2 nVidia GeForce 7300GS cards.

    > ?flights sims?

    No, I don't play computer games.

    > D.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, May 5, 2007
  13. click

    click Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > "click" <> wrote in message
    >> http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm
    >>
    >> I welcome suggestions for software to make web slide-shows (not Flash)that
    >> allows for image transition (fading through black), but allow for
    >> different sized images. The java and dhtml scripts I've seen don't, and
    >> page transition effects that do only work in ie.
    >>

    > They probably use the features of IE to do the transitions. Just wondering
    > why you don't want to use flash, as flash allows you to do some really cool
    > things with slideshows.

    I'm thinking about this...
    Perhaps my inherent dislike of flash, based on frustration with flash
    based websites when using dial-up, is less relevant when showing
    photographs - which unless small and/or heavily compressed are going to
    be slow loading on dialup - so not great for a slide show presentation
    anyway.
    The (page) transition features using ie aren't much use if they don't
    work in firefox or (I assume) safari. I haven't found any good dhtml or
    java scripts that would work to accommodate different image sizes. So
    perhaps flash is the way to go after all.

    click, May 6, 2007
  14. click

    Mike Dee Guest

    click <> wrote:

    > http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~tmg/chch/ch1.htm
    >
    > I welcome suggestions for software to make web slide-shows (not
    > Flash)that allows for image transition (fading through black), but
    > allow for different sized images. The java and dhtml scripts I've
    > seen don't, and page transition effects that do only work in ie.

    I can't recommend any good software for you to use.

    Just another reader saying thank you for putting these images up. I
    lived in Christchurch several years ago and spent much of my spare time
    tramping and exploring the Port Hills. These brilliant scenes have
    brought back some great memories. Thank you very much.

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, May 6, 2007
  15. click

    Mike Dee Guest

    click <> wrote:

    > The (page) transition features using ie aren't much use if they
    > don't work in firefox or (I assume) safari. I haven't found any
    > good dhtml or java scripts that would work to accommodate
    > different image sizes. So perhaps flash is the way to go after
    > all.

    Then perhaps JAlbum http://jalbum.net/ will do all you want (freeware).
    Still I really do not like having to get plugins...

    A much more down to earth (no flash) web gallery generator here:
    http://www.ornj.net/webalbum/

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, May 6, 2007
  16. click

    Mike Dee Guest

    Mike Dee <> wrote:

    > Then perhaps JAlbum http://jalbum.net/ will do all you want
    > (freeware). Still I really do not like having to get plugins...

    Oops, its a Java app that can use Flash if you want to...

    One of the links from Jalbum site led to here:
    http://www.starbase1.co.uk/galleries/Photos/index.html
    Using JAlbum to produce the gallery.
    Worth a look (no Flash in the photo-albums I clicked)

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, May 6, 2007
  17. click

    Rob S Guest

    Mike Dee wrote:
    > click <> wrote:
    >
    >> The (page) transition features using ie aren't much use if they
    >> don't work in firefox or (I assume) safari. I haven't found any
    >> good dhtml or java scripts that would work to accommodate
    >> different image sizes. So perhaps flash is the way to go after
    >> all.

    > Then perhaps JAlbum http://jalbum.net/ will do all you want (freeware).
    > Still I really do not like having to get plugins...
    >
    > A much more down to earth (no flash) web gallery generator here:
    > http://www.ornj.net/webalbum/

    Just trying out JAlbum on Ubuntu 7.04. Setup no problems (as su) and
    does a tidy job, with plenty of templates & styles pre-defined. Haven't
    tried it with different sized images yet though. Thanks for the link.

    --

    Rob

    Calculating in binary code is as easy as 01,10,11.

    Rob S, May 6, 2007
  18. click

    bAZZ Guest

    On Sun, 06 May 2007 17:04:49 +1200, Mike Dee <>
    wrote:

    > Mike Dee <> wrote:
    >
    >> Then perhaps JAlbum http://jalbum.net/ will do all you want
    >> (freeware). Still I really do not like having to get plugins...

    > Oops, its a Java app that can use Flash if you want to...
    >
    > One of the links from Jalbum site led to here:
    > http://www.starbase1.co.uk/galleries/Photos/index.html
    > Using JAlbum to produce the gallery.
    > Worth a look (no Flash in the photo-albums I clicked)

    I used this for good results previously.

    http://www.webgallerywizard.com/

    I thought it was freeware but on checking it isn't. I got it free tho prob
    with an hardware purchase. It worked great and was simple and easy to use.
    Even my kids managed to create some galleries without help. The webpage
    has a link to a freebie program they have that is based on the paid
    product here http://www.shozam.com/.
    I know nothing about it but if like the original then *should* be OK.

    HTH
    bAZZ

    bAZZ, May 7, 2007