Some PAP2 questions

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Dave Saville, May 31, 2006.

  1. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    Hi

    Just got an unlocked UK PAP2 and I have some questions:

    1) There is noise/static on the line - even without the network connection.
    Have tried both ports and corded and DECT phones. Google hints at some fix
    using port two but unfortunately I only have one adapter thingy.

    2) How the heck do you get the damn thing to get the time right? Have set the
    NTP server addresses but it still thinks its years ago.

    3) Is there a *real* manual anywhere. That goes into all the settings possible
    in the web tool. For example the daylight savings rule. Linksys site only has
    the same version as the CD.

    --

    Regards

    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, May 31, 2006

  2. Dave Saville

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Dave Saville" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Just got an unlocked UK PAP2 and I have some questions:

    The PAP2 is based on the Sipura SPA-2000 which I have, so I may be of some
    use, who knows..!

    > 1) There is noise/static on the line - even without the
    > network connection. Have tried both ports and corded and
    > DECT phones. Google hints at some fix using port two but
    > unfortunately I only have one adapter thingy.

    A link to the so-called "fix" please..? Not had this problem.

    > 2) How the heck do you get the damn thing to get the time
    > right? Have set the NTP server addresses but it still
    > thinks its years ago.

    Is the device registering with a SIP provider..? I think it has to before
    it will pick up the time, regardless of what ntp server you set.

    > 3) Is there a *real* manual anywhere. That goes into all
    > the settings possible in the web tool. For example the
    > daylight savings rule. Linksys site only has the same
    > version as the CD.

    As I said, the PAP 2 is based on the Sipura 2000 so try the manual for
    that: http://www.sipura.com/Documents/SipuraSPAUserGuidev2.0.9.pdf

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 31, 2006

  3. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Wed, 31 May 2006 19:35:41 +0100, Ivor Jones wrote:

    >"Dave Saville" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Just got an unlocked UK PAP2 and I have some questions:

    >The PAP2 is based on the Sipura SPA-2000 which I have, so I may be of some
    >use, who knows..!
    >
    >> 1) There is noise/static on the line - even without the
    >> network connection. Have tried both ports and corded and
    >> DECT phones. Google hints at some fix using port two but
    >> unfortunately I only have one adapter thingy.

    >A link to the so-called "fix" please..? Not had this problem.

    Yes that would be nice - Unfortunately that's all I did find - hints there was
    one :-(

    >> 2) How the heck do you get the damn thing to get the time
    >> right? Have set the NTP server addresses but it still
    >> thinks its years ago.

    >Is the device registering with a SIP provider..? I think it has to before
    >it will pick up the time, regardless of what ntp server you set.

    Yes it is registered with two and still thinks it is 2003.

    >> 3) Is there a *real* manual anywhere. That goes into all
    >> the settings possible in the web tool. For example the
    >> daylight savings rule. Linksys site only has the same
    >> version as the CD.

    >As I said, the PAP 2 is based on the Sipura 2000 so try the manual for
    >that: http://www.sipura.com/Documents/SipuraSPAUserGuidev2.0.9.pdf

    Thanks for the link will try that.

    --

    Regards

    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, May 31, 2006
  4. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Wed, 31 May 2006 19:35:41 +0100, Ivor Jones wrote:

    >"Dave Saville" <> wrote in message
    >As I said, the PAP 2 is based on the Sipura 2000 so try the manual for
    >that: http://www.sipura.com/Documents/SipuraSPAUserGuidev2.0.9.pdf

    *much* better. Ta

    --

    Regards

    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, May 31, 2006
  5. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Wed, 31 May 2006 19:10:38 +0100 (BST), Dave Saville wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >Just got an unlocked UK PAP2 and I have some questions:
    >
    >1) There is noise/static on the line - even without the network connection.
    >Have tried both ports and corded and DECT phones. Google hints at some fix
    >using port two but unfortunately I only have one adapter thingy.
    >
    >2) How the heck do you get the damn thing to get the time right? Have set the
    >NTP server addresses but it still thinks its years ago.

    To answer my own post - it was the router firewall - NTP comes *in* on 123 -
    like DNS on 53. Opened that and it got the time right - as did the modem which
    has been wrong forever.

    Still got the noise and it is slightly less obtrusive on 2. Found a post that
    said the impedance should be 270+750||150nF and changed that from 600 but no
    change. What *should* all the various FXS settings in regional and line pages
    be for a UK phone? Maybe there is something in there causing it.

    --

    Regards

    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, Jun 1, 2006