Some of you test takers are idiots ! ! !

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Rocker, Jun 14, 2004.

  1. Rocker

    Rocker Guest

    Some of the best test takers are the worst employees.
    Passing the tests does not mean your a great network admin or computer
    technictian. It just means your good at taking tests, period.

    I've been a PC/Network Technictian for 8 years, and I can't pass any
    of the tests.
    And probably never will be able to.
    The company and companies I work for do not use Win2000 and WinXP
    operating systems the way the test books do.
    In my 8 years I have probably not seen 5% of what is in the test
    books.
    The roll-playing situations that the test books show are not in the
    real world.
    And you will probably never come across any of those situations.

    I must say I am A+ Certified, but that's a different situation then
    Microsoft.

    Terry in Texas

    Rocker, Jun 14, 2004

  2. Rocker

    Techie Guest

    I see you can't pass a test but we are the idiots, sure thing moron.

    We do agree thou that most of the people holding certs are hopeless morons
    and that the exams don't test real world knowledge.

    --
    Techie
    MCNGP #21

    Techie, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Rocker

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Troll.

    TechGeekPro, Jun 14, 2004
  4. Rocker

    Beoweolf Guest

    Somebody needs a Nap!

    "Rocker" <> wrote in message
    > Some of the best test takers are the worst employees.
    > Passing the tests does not mean your a great network admin or computer
    > technictian. It just means your good at taking tests, period.
    >
    > I've been a PC/Network Technictian for 8 years, and I can't pass any
    > of the tests.
    > And probably never will be able to.
    > The company and companies I work for do not use Win2000 and WinXP
    > operating systems the way the test books do.
    > In my 8 years I have probably not seen 5% of what is in the test
    > books.
    > The roll-playing situations that the test books show are not in the
    > real world.
    > And you will probably never come across any of those situations.
    >
    > I must say I am A+ Certified, but that's a different situation then
    > Microsoft.
    >
    > Terry in Texas

    ---

    Beoweolf, Jun 14, 2004
  5. Rocker

    Beoweolf Guest

    There was this TV show...Had a lady from England that had taken the Drivers
    test about "Umpteen" time and failed. Not by a little, but a whole lot. She
    had been banned from all the local driver training schools, no one was
    left...at least no one that was willing to take the can of riding in the car
    with her or taking the abuse.

    The show had her "try" husband give her instructions while the cameras were
    running. She knew "everything" no matter what her husband did , to keep her
    from running another car off the road, or parking on the sidewalk, nearly
    hitting a pedestrian...she loudly protested, saying she was right, he was
    wrong and would he mind keeping his opinions to himself.

    She couldn't understand why she was able to pass the test. Especially with
    all the bad drivers on the road getting in her way, weaving off the road or
    pedestrians walking in front of her car...they could get killed, didn't they
    realize how dangerous it was?
    "Rocker" <> wrote in message
    > Some of the best test takers are the worst employees.
    > Passing the tests does not mean your a great network admin or computer
    > technictian. It just means your good at taking tests, period.
    >
    > I've been a PC/Network Technictian for 8 years, and I can't pass any
    > of the tests.
    > And probably never will be able to.
    > The company and companies I work for do not use Win2000 and WinXP
    > operating systems the way the test books do.
    > In my 8 years I have probably not seen 5% of what is in the test
    > books.
    > The roll-playing situations that the test books show are not in the
    > real world.
    > And you will probably never come across any of those situations.
    >
    > I must say I am A+ Certified, but that's a different situation then
    > Microsoft.
    >
    > Terry in Texas

    ---

    Beoweolf, Jun 14, 2004
  6. Rocker

    Anonymous Guest

    >Some of the best test takers are the worst employees.
    >Passing the tests does not mean your a great network
    >admin or computer technictian. It just means your good at
    >taking tests, period. I've been a PC/Network Technictian
    >for 8 years, and I can't pass any of the tests. And
    >probably never will be able to.

    Maybe it's due to the obvious fact that English is not
    your first language. Any reputable PC/network technician
    can certainly spell the word 'technician'. No true IT
    professional anywhere in the world, including Texas,
    uses 'your' when they should use 'you're'.

    Anonymous, Jun 14, 2004
  7. Rocker

    Neil Guest

    (Rocker) wrote in news:f4c2f522.0406131826.7555671
    @posting.google.com:

    > The roll-playing situations that the test books show are not in the
    > real world.

    *just shakes head and walks away*

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 14, 2004
  8. Anonymous wrote:
    >> Some of the best test takers are the worst employees.
    >> Passing the tests does not mean your a great network
    >> admin or computer technictian. It just means your good at
    >> taking tests, period. I've been a PC/Network Technictian
    >> for 8 years, and I can't pass any of the tests. And
    >> probably never will be able to.

    > Maybe it's due to the obvious fact that English is not
    > your first language. Any reputable PC/network technician
    > can certainly spell the word 'technician'. No true IT
    > professional anywhere in the world, including Texas,
    > uses 'your' when they should use 'you're'.

    You missed this one... Spot the mistake.

    --
    Fris "Pedants 'R Us" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 14, 2004
  9. Rocker

    molsonexpert Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    > Anonymous wrote:
    > >> Some of the best test takers are the worst employees.
    > >> Passing the tests does not mean your a great network
    > >> admin or computer technictian. It just means your good at
    > >> taking tests, period. I've been a PC/Network Technictian
    > >> for 8 years, and I can't pass any of the tests. And
    > >> probably never will be able to.

    > > Maybe it's due to the obvious fact that English is not
    > > your first language. Any reputable PC/network technician
    > > can certainly spell the word 'technician'. No true IT
    > > professional anywhere in the world, including Texas,
    > > uses 'your' when they should use 'you're'.

    > You missed this one... Spot the mistake.
    >
    > >> I must say I am A+ Certified, but that's a different situation then
    > >> Microsoft.

    > --
    > Fris "Pedants 'R Us" bee®, MCNGP #13
    >
    > The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    > http://www.mcngp.tk
    >
    > Certaholics

    Roll

    Steve

    molsonexpert, Jun 14, 2004
  10. Rocker

    Consultant Guest

    im guessing you work for a small office and would not even be exposed to
    anything that may be covered on the tests you are referring. so you are
    supporting 6 workstations in a workgroup, no file shares, no backups, no
    remote site connectivity, etc.

    Consultant, Jun 14, 2004
  11. >Some of the best test takers are the worst employees.

    Yep.

    >Passing the tests does not mean your a great network admin or computer
    >technictian. It just means your good at taking tests, period.

    Yep.

    >I've been a PC/Network Technictian for 8 years, and I can't pass any
    >of the tests.

    Guess you're pretty stupid then.

    >And probably never will be able to.
    >The company and companies I work for do not use Win2000 and WinXP
    >operating systems the way the test books do.
    >In my 8 years I have probably not seen 5% of what is in the test
    >books.

    Need to get out into the real world more?

    >The roll-playing situations that the test books show are not in the
    >real world.

    nor is Peter Rabbit.

    >And you will probably never come across any of those situations.

    >I must say I am A+ Certified

    ... and stupid with it, by the sounds of things.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 14, 2004
  12. >*just shakes head and walks away*

    ..... pissing himself with laughter

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 14, 2004
  13. Rocker

    Neil Guest

    >>*just shakes head and walks away*

    > .... pissing himself with laughter
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    well, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. So I decided to point and
    laugh...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 14, 2004
  14. Rocker

    Mike T. Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Anonymous wrote:
    > >> Some of the best test takers are the worst employees.
    > >> Passing the tests does not mean your a great network

    ^^^^^
    > >> admin or computer technictian. It just means your good at

    ^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^
    > >> taking tests, period. I've been a PC/Network Technictian

    ^^^^^^^^^^
    > >> for 8 years, and I can't pass any of the tests. And

    ^^^^^^

    Mike T., Jun 14, 2004
  15. Rocker

    kpg Guest

    My wife is the English teacher. I leave all sentence diagraming
    tasks to her.

    kp "big red pen" g

    kpg, Jun 14, 2004
  16. circa 13 Jun 2004 19:26:36 -0700, in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse,
    Rocker () said,
    > Some of the best test takers are the worst employees.
    > Passing the tests does not mean your a great network admin or computer
    > technictian. It just means your good at taking tests, period.
    >
    > I've been a PC/Network Technictian for 8 years, and I can't pass any
    > of the tests.

    This usually has more credibility coming from somebody who *can* pass
    the exams...

    Laura
    -Oscar Wilde

    Laura A. Robinson, Jun 14, 2004