Some numbers for you...

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by =?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=, Nov 23, 2005.

  1. 1 MCAD/MCSD exam is worth about 1.77 college classes of study or 5.31 college
    credits.

    Sample size: 1 (me)

    For the past two years I have been recording the time I spend on school work.
    (school work time includes home study, time in class as well as partial
    drive time because I originally wanted to compare amount of time "dealing
    with school" if I decided to start working).

    During that time I also recorded my MCAD study time which is complete. So
    the comparison is what I have illustrated above.

    Now in my college I have to state of few things to get a better idea of this
    comparison to MCAD time.
    1. Most class time is a pure waste because they lecture to the slowest in
    the class it seems to me (which sometimes involves the actual teacher as
    well). Although I have some online classes and classes where attendance is
    not required in that mix which kind of neutralizes it.
    2. The college is big on “doing†so one learns less but learns less very
    well which I agree 100% has value I am just illustrating that it’s different
    then MCAD which is pure face in books.
    3. I was a straight A student and yet barely passed my MCAD tests (newbie to
    programming).

    So basically in pure metal energy it’s most likely more like 1 cert test = 2
    college classes.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=, Nov 23, 2005

  2. After factoring out drive time recorded it comes to 1.9 classes per test.

    I wouldnt factor out time wasted in class becuase about 1/2 of my classes
    were online or attendence was not required and some in class time was not a
    complete waste so its not fair to factor that time out.

    Fair to say on average its is how I "felt" it was.

    1 exam = 2 college classes of study.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=, Nov 23, 2005