    one has said a lick about it. Can we swallow our bitter attitudes people
    and give these studios the kudos they deserve?

    Good work Warner and Universal. *claps*
    Black Locust, Feb 15, 2005

  2. Black Locust

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Black Locust wrote:
    > It wasn't that long ago that this group was flooded with posts
    > bitching(you guys know who you are) about Universals forced trailers
    > and Warners snapper cases. Now that Universal has gotten rid of forced
    > trailers and Warner has completely dropped the awful snapper cases, no
    > one has said a lick about it. Can we swallow our bitter attitudes
    > people and give these studios the kudos they deserve?

    Pffff...next you'll be expecting the media to begin reporting GOOD news, and
    customer care phone lines to be flooded with complimentary calls. ;)

    Since I wasn't one of these people, I won't worry about it, but I'll be
    interested to see what kind of response this gets.

    Mike Kohary, Feb 15, 2005

  3. Black Locust

    ShadowRaptor Guest

    "Mike Kohary" <> wrote in message
    > Black Locust wrote:
    > > It wasn't that long ago that this group was flooded with posts
    > > bitching(you guys know who you are) about Universals forced trailers
    > > and Warners snapper cases. Now that Universal has gotten rid of forced
    > > trailers and Warner has completely dropped the awful snapper cases, no
    > > one has said a lick about it. Can we swallow our bitter attitudes
    > > people and give these studios the kudos they deserve?

    > Pffff...next you'll be expecting the media to begin reporting GOOD news,

    and
    > customer care phone lines to be flooded with complimentary calls. ;)
    >
    > Since I wasn't one of these people, I won't worry about it, but I'll be
    > interested to see what kind of response this gets.
    >
    > --

    We should thank them for doing something they should have been doing all
    along? We should thank them for not being idiots anymore?

    Not likely ...
    ShadowRaptor, Feb 15, 2005
  4. Black Locust

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Feb 15, 2005
  5. On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:39:06 -0600, "ShadowRaptor"
    <> wrote:

    >"Mike Kohary" <> wrote in message
    >> Black Locust wrote:
    >> > It wasn't that long ago that this group was flooded with posts
    >> > bitching(you guys know who you are) about Universals forced trailers
    >> > and Warners snapper cases. Now that Universal has gotten rid of forced
    >> > trailers and Warner has completely dropped the awful snapper cases, no
    >> > one has said a lick about it. Can we swallow our bitter attitudes
    >> > people and give these studios the kudos they deserve?

    >> Pffff...next you'll be expecting the media to begin reporting GOOD news,

    >and
    >> customer care phone lines to be flooded with complimentary calls. ;)
    >>
    >> Since I wasn't one of these people, I won't worry about it, but I'll be
    >> interested to see what kind of response this gets.
    >>
    >> --

    >We should thank them for doing something they should have been doing all
    >along? We should thank them for not being idiots anymore?
    >
    >Not likely ...

    We should overlook Warner's extended flirtation with snapper cases and
    congratulate them on the consistently high quality of their releases
    including classics, all with extensive supplements.

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Feb 15, 2005
  6. Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:

    > We should overlook Warner's extended flirtation with snapper cases and
    > congratulate them on the consistently high quality of their releases
    > including classics, all with extensive supplements.

    Certainly not! The packaging is far, far more important than the content.

    Matthew

    You can't win
    You can't break even
    You can't get out of the game
    Matthew L. Martin, Feb 16, 2005
  7. Black Locust

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    Stan Brown <> wrote:

    > I was completely unaware of this. When and where was it announced?

    There was no official announcement made about it. However, at some
    point, Universal removed the blocking feature and started placing a
    notice before the trailers started that you could bypass them by hitting
    the menu button on your remote. Haven't you noticed there haven't been
    any complaints about forced trailers on Universal discs in many months?

    > And what is the procedure for returning the defective discs and
    > getting discs without forced trailers?

    Don't be silly. They aren't defective and you know it.
    Black Locust, Feb 16, 2005
  8. On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Stan Brown wrote:

    > "Black Locust" wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > > Now that Universal has gotten rid of forced
    > >trailers

    > I was completely unaware of this. When and where was it announced?
    >
    > And what is the procedure for returning the defective discs and
    > getting discs without forced trailers?

    I'd rather deal with forced trailers than crappy transfers of films like
    Charley Varrick and Forbin: The Colossus Project

    swac
    Stephen Cooke, Feb 16, 2005
  9. On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:30:29 -0500, "Matthew L. Martin"
    <> wrote:

    >Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:
    >

    >> We should overlook Warner's extended flirtation with snapper cases and
    >> congratulate them on the consistently high quality of their releases
    >> including classics, all with extensive supplements.
    >>

    >Certainly not! The packaging is far, far more important than the content.
    >
    >Matthew

    heheh, fer sher. <g> I know you're kidding but others seem to forget
    that LPs and laserdiscs all used paper sleeves, the paper snapper was
    no worse..

    ... Steve ..
    Steve(JazzHunter), Feb 16, 2005
  10. Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:30:29 -0500, "Matthew L. Martin"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Certainly not! The packaging is far, far more important than the content.
    >>
    >>Matthew

    > heheh, fer sher. <g> I know you're kidding but others seem to forget
    > that LPs and laserdiscs all used paper sleeves, the paper snapper was
    > no worse..

    Low cost (under $4) DVDs at Walmart are also in paper sleeves.

    Matthew

    You can't win
    You can't break even
    You can't get out of the game