Some light at the end of the tunnel regarding broadband competition...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Pacific Dragon, Apr 21, 2005.

  1. Pacific Dragon, Apr 21, 2005

  2. Pacific Dragon

    Mike_P Guest

    Mike_P, Apr 21, 2005

  3. Pacific Dragon

    Nova Guest

    Mike_P wrote:
    > "Pacific Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/UNID/8C0FDF36F072456BCC256FEA002CC06B
    >>or http://tinyurl.com/bbzqu
    >>
    >>...But the 128kbit upstream speed is likely to remain, ugh.

    > Hmm... the last 'Draft' determination I saw recommended unbundling the local
    > loop. I don't put too much faith in 'Draft' determinations anymore.

    but it sure should be nice if it were to become reality.. a lot of areas
    covered in that draft... static ip's, no traffic limits.. would be great
    news..
    Interesting they say it might only apply to telstra though.. I'm not
    sure where that would leave all the smaller isp's that went along with
    bitstream.... between telstra and telecom it could be a death blow?
    Nova, Apr 21, 2005
  4. In article <426795e6$>, Nova <>
    wrote:

    >... static ip's, no traffic limits..

    Drool, slobber...

    Let me hear you say those luvly words again.

    >... static ip's, no traffic limits..

    Ahhh, that feels good...

    :)
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Apr 24, 2005
  5. Pacific Dragon

    Ian Boag Guest

    And if you leech so much that it blows Seeby's arithmetic out of the
    water then of course that's HIS fault for offering it. If he backs off
    from the "unlimited traffic" thing then the CC should smack him just
    like they did with Telecom's "unlimited texts" backdown.

    Ian Boag, Apr 24, 2005
  6. Pacific Dragon

    Mike_P Guest

    "Ian Boag" <> wrote in message
    > And if you leech so much that it blows Seeby's arithmetic out of the
    > water then of course that's HIS fault for offering it. If he backs off
    > from the "unlimited traffic" thing then the CC should smack him just
    > like they did with Telecom's "unlimited texts" backdown.

    Or like they did when Telecom said 'Oh, you can't offer unlimited UBS, we'll
    change the specs and cap it"
    Mike_P, Apr 25, 2005