Some Kodak p880 questions (ron?) batts and filenames

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by hfs2, Nov 13, 2006.

  1. hfs2

    hfs2 Guest

    I'm looking, again, at a new Kodak. But the one I'm looking at doesn't
    use the AA I prefer.
    Question, just how "proprietary" are these batteries? Here are the
    kodak numbers.
    KLIC-5001
    KLIC-5000
    Are there ANY common format ions? Are these 'common'? How many other
    devices use these? Anyone? (Are these custom ion batteries the
    printer
    ribbons of the 21 century? :)

    And anyone ever try to FORCE a number sequence in a Kodak. There is no
    way to adjust the start, so, what if I loaded a mmc/sd with file
    numbers from the
    regular camera starting number, to the start I want. Would it adjust?,
    or would
    it crump. ( I have 4400 dx4330 pics and I don't want to share the
    sequence with
    the new camera).

    hfs2, Nov 13, 2006

  2. hfs2 wrote:
    > I'm looking, again, at a new Kodak. But the one I'm looking at doesn't
    > use the AA I prefer.
    > Question, just how "proprietary" are these batteries? Here are the
    > kodak numbers.
    > KLIC-5001
    > KLIC-5000
    > Are there ANY common format ions?

    I prefer CR-V3, which the Fuji S9000 does not accept.
    Forget NiMh, stick with Lithium.

    I just ordered an after-market KLIC-5001 for $7 from power101.com
    it was better than the crap battery that came with the P850.

    Mr.Bolshoyhuy, Nov 13, 2006

  3. hfs2

    hfs2 Guest

    hfs2 wrote:
    > I'm looking, again, at a new Kodak. But the one I'm looking at doesn't
    > use the AA I prefer.
    > Question, just how "proprietary" are these batteries? Here are the
    > kodak numbers.
    > KLIC-5001
    > KLIC-5000
    > Are there ANY common format ions? Are these 'common'? How many other
    > devices use these? Anyone? (Are these custom ion batteries the
    > printer
    > ribbons of the 21 century? :)
    >
    > And anyone ever try to FORCE a number sequence in a Kodak. There is no
    > way to adjust the start, so, what if I loaded a mmc/sd with file
    > numbers from the
    > regular camera starting number, to the start I want. Would it adjust?,
    > or would
    > it crump. ( I have 4400 dx4330 pics and I don't want to share the
    > sequence with
    > the new camera).

    And another question: Can you lock the white balance whey you show
    video?

    hfs2, Nov 13, 2006
  4. hfs2

    Ron Hunter Guest

    hfs2 wrote:
    > I'm looking, again, at a new Kodak. But the one I'm looking at doesn't
    > use the AA I prefer.
    > Question, just how "proprietary" are these batteries? Here are the
    > kodak numbers.
    > KLIC-5001
    > KLIC-5000
    > Are there ANY common format ions? Are these 'common'? How many other
    > devices use these? Anyone? (Are these custom ion batteries the
    > printer
    > ribbons of the 21 century? :)
    >
    > And anyone ever try to FORCE a number sequence in a Kodak. There is no
    > way to adjust the start, so, what if I loaded a mmc/sd with file
    > numbers from the
    > regular camera starting number, to the start I want. Would it adjust?,
    > or would
    > it crump. ( I have 4400 dx4330 pics and I don't want to share the
    > sequence with
    > the new camera).

    I don't know how your camera designates the pictures, but when I
    switched from the Kodak DX3600 to the Kodak DX6440, the numbering scheme
    was distinctly different.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 14, 2006
  5. hfs2

    John Turco Guest

    hfs2 wrote:

    > I'm looking, again, at a new Kodak. But the one I'm looking at doesn't
    > use the AA I prefer.
    > Question, just how "proprietary" are these batteries? Here are the
    > kodak numbers.
    > KLIC-5001
    > KLIC-5000
    > Are there ANY common format ions? Are these 'common'? How many other
    > devices use these? Anyone? (Are these custom ion batteries the
    > printer
    > ribbons of the 21 century? :)

    Hello,

    The KLIC-5000/KLIC-5001 are seemingly ubiquitous, being used by a number
    of different Kodak digicams, as well as those of other brands. (My P850
    and DX6490 take them, incidentally.)

    Generic versions are available quite cheaply, on eBay. It wouldn't pay
    to "stockpile" them, alas, as Li-Ion batteries have a somewhat limited
    shelf life (approximately 3-5 years, I believe), regardless of how few
    times they may have happened to be recharged.

    > And anyone ever try to FORCE a number sequence in a Kodak. There is no
    > way to adjust the start, so, what if I loaded a mmc/sd with file
    > numbers from the
    > regular camera starting number, to the start I want. Would it adjust?,
    > or would
    > it crump. ( I have 4400 dx4330 pics and I don't want to share the
    > sequence with
    > the new camera).

    Sorry, no idea.

    Cordially,