Some here would view this as reason to buy more telecom shares

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Shane, Jun 12, 2006.

  1. Shane

    Shane Guest

    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=10386307
    A visit by several senior Telecom executives to British Telecom shows the
    New Zealand company is considering following BT's lead and splitting into
    separate wholesale and retail arms, analysts say.

    "If Telecom positions itself in the right way through a separation process,
    it could be in the position of being the lead in the internet economy. They
    have a couple of years of pain in front of them, but there is no gain
    without pain."

    Communications Minister David Cunliffe has effectively put Telecom on notice
    that it must embrace change, saying the Government was also studying the
    desirability of structural separation.

    Clark said last month she would like Telecom to follow BT's lead.

    "I've been quite clear that I believe that a more positive and proactive
    attitude towards competition, such as that taken by British Telecom when it
    voluntarily separated its company, would have been good for Kiwi
    shareholders," the Prime Minister said.

    __EOF__

    Me personally, I think this stock is way too volatile for a Mum and Dad
    investor, theres money to be made from risk, but its not the sort of risk
    to put life savings in

    --
    Rule 6: There is no rule 6

    Blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org