    Video: ATI Radeon X700 PCIx 256MB GDDR3
    Memory: Viking 2x512MB Duall Channel PC3200
    OS: Windows XP x64 Trial

    Andy, Mar 8, 2006

  2. Have you checked any available updates or patches for these games to support
    Windows XP Professional x64?
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Mar 8, 2006

  3. Andy

    Jane Colman Guest

    Minimum CPU requirements for both Quake and Doom are Pentium class. I note
    from your pc specs that you have a Celeron CPU. This may be part of the
    problem.

    Have you installed the 64 bit ATI Display Drivers?

    How have these games run under 32 bit XP on your pc? Have you had the same
    problems?

    Jane Colman, Mar 9, 2006
  4. Andy

    Andy Guest

    > Have you checked any available updates or patches for these games to
    > support Windows XP Professional x64?
    > --

    All available updates installed.

    Andy, Mar 9, 2006
  5. Andy

    Andy Guest

    "Jane Colman" <> wrote in message
    > Minimum CPU requirements for both Quake and Doom are Pentium class. I
    > note from your pc specs that you have a Celeron CPU. This may be part of
    > the problem.

    These games are working on a same machine under WinXP x32 without problems.
    Difference between Celeron D 3.2GHz and Pentium D 3.2GHz only in size of
    cash.
    I've made a lot of machines on Celerons where these games are running under
    32-bit OSes.

    > Have you installed the 64 bit ATI Display Drivers?

    Yes I did.
    WinXP x64 has own native driver for ATI X700, and I've tried two (current
    and previous) from ati.com.

    > How have these games run under 32 bit XP on your pc?

    Look upward

    Anyway thanks guys for answers.
    On my point of view the problem somewhere into WinXP x64 WoW32 emulator. And
    how it give the access to the page(swap) file for these games.

    Andy, Mar 9, 2006
  6. > Anyway thanks guys for answers.
    > On my point of view the problem somewhere into WinXP x64 WoW32 emulator.
    > And how it give the access to the page(swap) file for these games.

    No, that is hardly your problem, if there are differences, x64 should be
    better in those departments. The issue has popped up here before, I cannot
    remember how it all ended and the symptoms and cures may differ. I suggest
    you hang on for a while and one of the more passionate gamers will step in -
    they are here!

    + you can try and google for variations on terms like "slow game
    performance" in the mean time.

    I am pretty sure these problems have something to do with AMD 'Cool and
    Quiet' and/or an energy conserving technology conflict between the BIOS and
    Windows that is specific to the 64bit chips. I am also sure that this issue
    can be 'fixed'.

    Regards, Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 9, 2006