some DVDs 4-sale

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Otto Mobile, Jan 15, 2005.

  1. Otto Mobile

    Otto Mobile Guest

    I have the following DVDs for sale... they are originals, NOT COPIES, and
    are in the black plastic "bookshelf" holders, with original color artwork...

    1. WAR OF THE WORLDS --- released in early '50s, color, about 85 minutes.
    Based on H.G.Wells novel of a Martian invasion of Earth. $10

    2. FORBIDDEN PLANET --- released in mid '50s, color. Double-sided disk, with
    full-screen version on one side and wide-screen version on the other. Leslie
    Nielsen commands a spacecruiser that lands on Altair-4, a distant planet
    with a mysterious past and deadly present. $10

    3. HANGAR 18 --- Color, 97 minutes. Government cover-up of an alien
    spaceship in the mysterious Hangar 18 at a desert USAF base. $7

    4. SHERLOCK HOLMES ADVENTURES --- 4 half-hour B&W movies, originally made
    for Brittish TV broadcast. Includes DEADLY PROPHECY, EXHUMED CLIENT,
    BELLIGERENT GHOST, and HARRY CROCKER. $5

    ======================

    This DVD is in a printed cardboard package. Again, it is the original disk,
    NOT A COPY!

    4. TALES OF TOMORROW --- 3 Televised plays, broadcast in 1952, and they are
    B&W. Each is a half-hour show: FRANKENSTEIN, THE CRYSTAL EGG, and
    APPOINTMENT ON MARS. Interestingly, the last one stars Leslie Nielsen in one
    of the many minor roles he played on his way to stardom! $5

    =======================

    The final DVD is a copy that I purchased on EBAY a few months back. For the
    price I paid, I expected it to be an original issue with artwork and such.
    However, it is still an excellent movie, and this version is dubbed in
    English instead of having English subtitles, so it is still a good buy!

    5. BATTLE IN OUTER SPACE --- color. Flying saucers attack Earth using
    hyper-cold beams that neutralize gravity. We send ships to the moon to
    destroy their base with a heat ray resembling a laser (although the movie
    was released in the late '50s, well before lasers were available!). One of
    the better Sci-Fi films of that era. $8

    All prices are plus shipping (probably around $1/DVD) or can pickup in
    Atlanta area. Email me at:

    m9876c at yahoo dot com
    Otto Mobile, Jan 15, 2005

  2. Otto Mobile