Some days........

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thingy, Feb 22, 2007.

  1. thingy

    thingy Guest

    I get this email into the postmaster email box......

    "Hello,
    I have a business an it runs upon my email which is blocked.
    I was just wondering if I could get another Ip address or if you could
    tell me how to unblock as it is needed.
    You could ring on 021xxxxxxxxx or email me at

    Thank you for your time"

    Ok,

    So I decide to bite, as its a NZ mobile number. Rather than email and
    give out my "real" email address, I ring this guy as I am the postmaster
    for my site....

    The conversation goes along the lines of,

    Hi, postmaster can you un-block me please I cannot send mail to any
    where.....

    Me> Ok so you are trying to send email into my site?

    No anywhere....I cannot send to anywhere.....

    Me> OK so from inside my site?

    No, No, I am on "xxxxx"

    Me>Why do you need me if its not for my site?

    Because you are the postmaster, I was spamming but now I have
    stopped....can you fix it please?

    Me> no.....this is nothing to do with me.....good bye....

    ROTFL.....oh my chest hurts....like duh.......

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Feb 22, 2007

  2. thingy

    Rob Guest

    "thingy" <> wrote in message
    >I get this email into the postmaster email box......
    >
    > "Hello,
    > I have a business an it runs upon my email which is blocked.
    > I was just wondering if I could get another Ip address or if you could
    > tell me how to unblock as it is needed.
    > You could ring on 021xxxxxxxxx or email me at
    >
    > Thank you for your time"
    >
    > Ok,
    >
    > So I decide to bite, as its a NZ mobile number. Rather than email and give
    > out my "real" email address, I ring this guy as I am the postmaster for my
    > site....
    >
    > The conversation goes along the lines of,
    >
    > Hi, postmaster can you un-block me please I cannot send mail to any
    > where.....
    >
    > Me> Ok so you are trying to send email into my site?
    >
    > No anywhere....I cannot send to anywhere.....
    >
    > Me> OK so from inside my site?
    >
    > No, No, I am on "xxxxx"
    >
    > Me>Why do you need me if its not for my site?
    >
    > Because you are the postmaster, I was spamming but now I have
    > stopped....can you fix it please?
    >
    > Me> no.....this is nothing to do with me.....good bye....
    >

    > ROTFL.....oh my chest hurts....like duh.......
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    All it costs you is your time and mobile phone number. I would ahve
    blacklisted them.
    Rob, Feb 22, 2007

  3. thingy

    Dave Taylor Guest

    thingy <> wrote in news:v67va4-019.ln1
    @news.vuw.ac.nz:

    > I get this email into the postmaster email box......
    >
    > "Hello,
    > I have a business an it runs upon my email which is blocked.
    > I was just wondering if I could get another Ip address or if you could
    > tell me how to unblock as it is needed.
    > You could ring on 021xxxxxxxxx or email me at
    >
    > Thank you for your time"
    >
    > Ok,
    >
    > So I decide to bite, as its a NZ mobile number. Rather than email and
    > give out my "real" email address, I ring this guy as I am the

    postmaster
    > for my site....
    >
    > The conversation goes along the lines of,
    >
    > Hi, postmaster can you un-block me please I cannot send mail to any
    > where.....
    >
    > Me> Ok so you are trying to send email into my site?
    >
    > No anywhere....I cannot send to anywhere.....
    >
    > Me> OK so from inside my site?
    >
    > No, No, I am on "xxxxx"
    >
    > Me>Why do you need me if its not for my site?
    >
    > Because you are the postmaster, I was spamming but now I have
    > stopped....can you fix it please?
    >
    > Me> no.....this is nothing to do with me.....good bye....
    >

    > ROTFL.....oh my chest hurts....like duh.......
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    OMFG, I hope that user has a static IP and some big charge to change it
    as a lesson learned. Idiots.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Feb 22, 2007
  4. thingy

    CM Guest

    On 22 Feb, 17:13, Dave Taylor <> wrote:
    > thingy <> wrote in news:v67va4-019.ln1
    > @news.vuw.ac.nz:
    >

    > > I get this email into the postmaster email box......

    > > "Hello,
    > > I have a business an it runs upon my email which is blocked.
    > > I was just wondering if I could get another Ip address or if you could
    > > tell me how to unblock as it is needed.
    > > You could ring on 021xxxxxxxxx or email me at
    > >
    > > Thank you for your time"

    > > Ok,

    > > So I decide to bite, as its a NZ mobile number. Rather than email and
    > > give out my "real" email address, I ring this guy as I am the

    > postmaster
    > > for my site....

    > > The conversation goes along the lines of,

    > > Hi, postmaster can you un-block me please I cannot send mail to any
    > > where.....

    > > Me> Ok so you are trying to send email into my site?

    > > No anywhere....I cannot send to anywhere.....

    > > Me> OK so from inside my site?

    > > No, No, I am on "xxxxx"

    > > Me>Why do you need me if its not for my site?

    > > Because you are the postmaster, I was spamming but now I have
    > > stopped....can you fix it please?

    > > Me> no.....this is nothing to do with me.....good bye....

    > > ROTFL.....oh my chest hurts....like duh.......

    > > regards

    > > Thing

    > OMFG, I hope that user has a static IP and some big charge to change it
    > as a lesson learned. Idiots.
    >
    > --
    > Ciao, Dave- Hide quoted text -

    How do you find out if you've got a static IP address?
    CM, Feb 24, 2007
  5. Dianthus Mimulus, Feb 24, 2007
  6. On 23 Feb 2007 19:43:25 -0800, CM <> wrote in

    > On 22 Feb, 17:13, Dave Taylor <> wrote:
    >> thingy <> wrote in news:v67va4-019.ln1
    >> @news.vuw.ac.nz:
    >>

    >>> I get this email into the postmaster email box......

    >>> "Hello,
    >>> I have a business an it runs upon my email which is blocked.
    >>> I was just wondering if I could get another Ip address or if you could
    >>> tell me how to unblock as it is needed.
    >>> You could ring on 021xxxxxxxxx or email me at
    >>>
    >>> Thank you for your time"

    >>> Ok,

    >>> So I decide to bite, as its a NZ mobile number. Rather than email and
    >>> give out my "real" email address, I ring this guy as I am the

    >> postmaster
    >>> for my site....

    >>> The conversation goes along the lines of,

    >>> Hi, postmaster can you un-block me please I cannot send mail to any
    >>> where.....

    >>> No anywhere....I cannot send to anywhere.....

    >>> No, No, I am on "xxxxx"

    >>> Because you are the postmaster, I was spamming but now I have
    >>> stopped....can you fix it please?

    >>> ROTFL.....oh my chest hurts....like duh.......

    >>> regards

    >>> Thing

    >> OMFG, I hope that user has a static IP and some big charge to change it
    >> as a lesson learned. Idiots.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ciao, Dave- Hide quoted text -

    > How do you find out if you've got a static IP address?

    Finger it and see if you get zapped?

    :)

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    2007 Pricelessware CD now available. 600Mb of the best of the best in
    Freeware. E-Mail me for details.

    .... Smart men solve problems. Wise men avoid them.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Feb 24, 2007
  7. thingy

    Jerry Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    > On 23 Feb 2007 19:43:25 -0800, CM <> wrote in
    >
    >> On 22 Feb, 17:13, Dave Taylor <> wrote:
    >>> thingy <> wrote in news:v67va4-019.ln1
    >>> @news.vuw.ac.nz:

    >>> postmaster
    >>> OMFG, I hope that user has a static IP and some big charge to change it
    >>> as a lesson learned. Idiots.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ciao, Dave- Hide quoted text -

    >> How do you find out if you've got a static IP address?

    > Finger it and see if you get zapped?
    >
    > :)

    I fingered mine once and it slapped me
    Jerry, Feb 24, 2007
  8. On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 18:06:59 +1300, Jerry <>
    wrote in <news:45dfc7f0$>:

    > Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >> On 23 Feb 2007 19:43:25 -0800, CM <> wrote in

    >>> How do you find out if you've got a static IP address?

    >> Finger it and see if you get zapped?
    >>
    >> :)
    >>

    > I fingered mine once and it slapped me

    :))

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    2007 Pricelessware CD now available. 600Mb of the best of the best in
    Freeware. E-Mail me for details.

    .... Pass not thine flatus in a place of worship.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Feb 24, 2007
  9. thingy

    thingy Guest

    CM wrote:
    > On 22 Feb, 17:13, Dave Taylor <> wrote:
    >> thingy <> wrote in news:v67va4-019.ln1
    >> @news.vuw.ac.nz:
    >>

    >>> I get this email into the postmaster email box......
    >>> "Hello,
    >>> I have a business an it runs upon my email which is blocked.
    >>> I was just wondering if I could get another Ip address or if you could
    >>> tell me how to unblock as it is needed.
    >>> You could ring on 021xxxxxxxxx or email me at
    >>>
    >>> Thank you for your time"
    >>> Ok,
    >>> So I decide to bite, as its a NZ mobile number. Rather than email and
    >>> give out my "real" email address, I ring this guy as I am the

    >> postmaster
    >>> for my site....
    >>> The conversation goes along the lines of,
    >>> Hi, postmaster can you un-block me please I cannot send mail to any
    >>> where.....
    >>> No anywhere....I cannot send to anywhere.....
    >>> No, No, I am on "xxxxx"
    >>> Because you are the postmaster, I was spamming but now I have
    >>> stopped....can you fix it please?
    >>> ROTFL.....oh my chest hurts....like duh.......
    >>> regards
    >>> Thing

    >> OMFG, I hope that user has a static IP and some big charge to change it
    >> as a lesson learned. Idiots.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ciao, Dave- Hide quoted text -

    > How do you find out if you've got a static IP address?

    Usually you have to ask your ISP, and usually they charge like a wounded
    bull for the 2 minutes of work it takes....and it is often per
    month....its known as value add.....value add for the ISP
    anyway....things like caller ID, blocking 0900 numbers, providing DNS
    service etc all cost the ISP/Telco virtually nothing yet they use that
    opportunity to over-charge and do it per month.....

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Feb 25, 2007