Some Astronomy photos

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Azzz1588, Nov 27, 2003.

  1. Azzz1588

    Azzz1588 Guest

    Hello all

    Here is a SMALL sample of some astronomy photo's
    I've taken with my C 4040Z this past year.
    These are hand held, please keep that in mind..........

    http://www.pbase.com/azzone/digital

    These are what first came to mind, dont worry, some Mars
    pictures are comming in the next day or so.
    I'll also try and get some better Moon pictures together
    soon as well. (they are all on 35 mm)

    The Jupiter picture was from a Kodak Picture CD
    35 mm film. (Kodak Royal Gold asa 100)
    Eyepiece projection method
    (Film is what I really am set up for with astronomy)

    Shame pbase just dosnt do pic's justice. The full size
    pictures are soooo much better. I majorly resized these
    pic's so I could post a few as I only have trial offer at
    pbase now.

    Also just beginning to scan (Epson 3170) my 35 mm astro
    pictures, so some of them might show up too :0

    Enjoy :)

    Azzz1588, Nov 27, 2003

  2. Azzz1588

    Canopus Guest

    "Azzz1588" <> wrote in message

    > Hello all
    >
    > Here is a SMALL sample of some astronomy photo's
    > I've taken with my C 4040Z this past year.
    > These are hand held, please keep that in mind..........
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/azzone/digital
    >
    > These are what first came to mind, dont worry, some Mars
    > pictures are comming in the next day or so.
    > I'll also try and get some better Moon pictures together
    > soon as well. (they are all on 35 mm)
    >
    > The Jupiter picture was from a Kodak Picture CD
    > 35 mm film. (Kodak Royal Gold asa 100)
    > Eyepiece projection method
    > (Film is what I really am set up for with astronomy)
    >
    > Shame pbase just dosnt do pic's justice. The full size
    > pictures are soooo much better. I majorly resized these
    > pic's so I could post a few as I only have trial offer at
    > pbase now.
    >
    > Also just beginning to scan (Epson 3170) my 35 mm astro
    > pictures, so some of them might show up too :0
    >
    > Enjoy :)
    >

    > "Only a Gentleman can insult me, and a true Gentleman never will..."

    They were shot "hand held"?!!! You amaze me, are you sure you are not dead
    with rigor mortis setting in? :)

    Rob

    Canopus, Nov 27, 2003

  3. Azzz1588

    Azzz1588 Guest

    In article <bq63d3$12lt2e$-berlin.de>, "Canopus"
    <> writes:

    >They were shot "hand held"?!!! You amaze me, are you sure you are not dead
    >with rigor mortis setting in? :)

    Thank you. Not dead yet, but I can hand hold up to 1 to 2 seconds
    without too much of a problem. (Shot on a pistol team once...)
    If ya practice at it enough, it becomes second nature :)

    If you notice most of the exposure times are 1/30 or so,
    so that wasnt a problem, keeping the subject in the FOV
    at the right instant was a BIG problem. I now have a bracket
    for it, and am going to get a ScopeTronix adaptor as well.

    I've figured out that I need to set focus at manual, and than set
    it at infinity, first making sure that I have the telescope as
    well focused as possible. The moon is very bright, so manual
    f stop, and shutter speed as well. I will post some newer
    pics soon.

    To be honest.... 35 mm is sooo much easier for me on
    planetary photography. I have the T rings, EP projection tubes,
    etc... Have to scan some Jupiter, and Saturn pictures :0

    Here is my astronomy page, though it is rather dated....

    http://members.aol.com/c8g11/page01.html

    Azzz1588, Nov 28, 2003
  4. "Azzz1588" <> wrote in message
    [snip]
    the Film jupiter shot is very impressive! In fact its one of the best film
    planet images Ive seen.

    Timothy O'Connor, Nov 28, 2003
  5. Azzz1588

    Azzz1588 Guest

    In article <VuCxb.898212$>, "Timothy O'Connor"
    <> writes:

    >the Film jupiter shot is very impressive! In fact its one of the best film
    >planet images Ive seen.

    Thank you :)

    And the actual film picture itself is better in person !
    It only took about 200 color images to get one that good,
    and a couple close. Seemed to have done better with B&W
    though.

    Mars is comming later today :)

    Azzz1588, Nov 28, 2003
  6. Azzz1588

    <> writes:

    >the Film jupiter shot is very impressive!

    Ok, now please go back and look at what the C 4040Z
    did hand held on Jupiter through a C 11 telescope.
    (not very good, but I will try harder this winter !!!!)

    I also have some Mars, and more Moon pictures up :)

    Azzz1588, Nov 28, 2003