Solution for securing VPN using 2-factor SMS Authentication

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Joshua Lim, Jun 11, 2005.

  1. Joshua Lim

    Joshua Lim Guest

    Hi Everyone,

    I've developed an IAS plugin, 'MobileKey', that provides 2-Factor
    Authentication (via SMS) for VPN networks using Microsoft IAS
    (Win2k/Win2k3) as RADIUS server.

    Two authentication modes are supported - Windows password plus SMS
    access code, and Challenge Password plus SMS access code. Delivering
    access code by SMS secures the VPN against key-press capture spyware
    and trojans residing on the client PC.

    'MobileKey' is database driven/secured and can comfortably authenticate
    up to 50,000 users a day with an SMPP connectivity to an SMSC.

    I'm now looking for beta testers for this plugin to test out on Cisco
    and other VPN equipment, as well as partners interested in reselling
    this kind of solution out of the box, customized or OEM.

    'MobileKey' offers unbeatable value for deployments exceeding 30 VPN
    users as no hardware key is required - your mobilephone is your key
    generator!

    Here's some preliminary information:-

    SMS Gateway used - VisualGSM Enterprise Server
    (http://www.visualtron.com/products_enterprise.htm)

    IAS Plugin Windows Installer with Help file
    (http://www.visualtron.com/download/mobilekey-radius.exe)

    SMS delivery mode - GSM or SMPP 3.3/3.4

    Please feel free to contact me anytime.

    Rgds,