Soliciting Opinions on Specific Product: Samsung MiniDV Camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by SMH, Dec 27, 2008.

  1. SMH

    SMH Guest

    Anyone have opinions generally on Samsung product quality and reliability?

    A friend is recommending I get in on a "hot deal," which is a Samsung VP-
    D381 camcorder.

    The product is sold in the country where I am currently residing and its
    specs are here:

    http://tinyurl.com/7xs9e6

    The USD price is about $133.

    The camcorder has following features:

    * MiniDV format
    * 34x optical zoom (1200X with digital enhance)
    * 2.7-inch LCD
    * 800,000 pixel CCD
    * 112,000 LCD pixel rez
    * voice + dubbing system
    * AV composite and FireWire out
    * 10-step power level indicator
    * digital effects: "art, mosaic, sepia, and black-and-white"
    SMH, Dec 27, 2008