    all the directory structure is there, but when I use the boot one to
    boot, nothing happens. Even though my dvd drive is set to boot first.

    Any ideas on why the Solaris cd isnt booting?
    JC, Aug 18, 2005

  2. JC

    thing2 Guest

    JC wrote:
    > Ok, I have burned my solaris iso files to cd and checked them out, and
    > all the directory structure is there, but when I use the boot one to
    > boot, nothing happens. Even though my dvd drive is set to boot first.
    >
    > Any ideas on why the Solaris cd isnt booting?

    Did you get the sparc isos or the x86 isos?

    ;]

    regards

    thing
    thing2, Aug 18, 2005

  3. JC

    JC Guest

    In article <>, y
    says...
    > JC wrote:
    > > Ok, I have burned my solaris iso files to cd and checked them out, and
    > > all the directory structure is there, but when I use the boot one to
    > > boot, nothing happens. Even though my dvd drive is set to boot first.
    > >
    > > Any ideas on why the Solaris cd isnt booting?
    > >

    > Did you get the sparc isos or the x86 isos?
    >
    > ;]
    >
    > regards
    >
    > thing

    x86 iso's the ones on the APC mag cover DVD
    I did a bit of research after posting, and it seems that if you burn the
    iso's at too faster speed, they dont burn properly. I am trying one now
    at 4x to see if that makes a difference
    JC, Aug 18, 2005
  4. JC

    Steve Guest

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:24:58 +1200, JC wrote:

    > In article <>, y
    > says...
    >> JC wrote:
    >> > Ok, I have burned my solaris iso files to cd and checked them out, and
    >> > all the directory structure is there, but when I use the boot one to
    >> > boot, nothing happens. Even though my dvd drive is set to boot first.
    >> >
    >> > Any ideas on why the Solaris cd isnt booting?
    >> >

    >> Did you get the sparc isos or the x86 isos?
    >>
    >> ;]
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> thing
    >>

    > x86 iso's the ones on the APC mag cover DVD
    > I did a bit of research after posting, and it seems that if you burn the
    > iso's at too faster speed, they dont burn properly. I am trying one now
    > at 4x to see if that makes a difference

    I've got a working set if you're in Chch.

    Steve
    Steve, Aug 18, 2005
  5. JC

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Steve <> wrote in

    > x86 iso's the ones on the APC mag cover DVD
    >> I did a bit of research after posting, and it seems that if you burn
    >> the iso's at too faster speed, they dont burn properly. I am trying
    >> one now at 4x to see if that makes a difference

    > I've got a working set if you're in Chch.
    >
    > Steve

    I ALWAYS burn my ISO files as slow as I can.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Aug 18, 2005
  6. JC

    Shane Guest

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:25:56 +1200, Dave Taylor wrote:

    > Steve <> wrote in
    >
    >> x86 iso's the ones on the APC mag cover DVD
    >>> I did a bit of research after posting, and it seems that if you burn
    >>> the iso's at too faster speed, they dont burn properly. I am trying one
    >>> now at 4x to see if that makes a difference

    >> I've got a working set if you're in Chch.
    >>
    >> Steve
    >>

    > I ALWAYS burn my ISO files as slow as I can.

    heh.. I dont.. I know I _should_ but I dont
    but, I do run cmp over the cdrom and the iso image afterwards to makesure
    they are one and the same, and I do run md5sum on the iso images first to
    make sure I got an uncorrupted image
    (My first couple attempts at downloading solaris 10.0 resulted in dodgy
    iso's, and it wasnt until I found the md5 sums posted in a forum that I
    found out why.. however I see in suns site that they give you the md5sums
    so it should be easier)

    tools required
    http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/using_md5sums.html

    http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/download_instruction.xml

    Shane, Aug 18, 2005
  7. JC

    bambam Guest

    Dave Taylor <> wrote in

    > I ALWAYS burn my ISO files as slow as I can.

    I always burn mine as fast as I can. ;)
    bambam, Aug 18, 2005
  8. JC

    JC Guest

    Steve wrote:
    > On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:24:58 +1200, JC wrote:
    >

    >>In article <>, y
    >>says...

    >>>Did you get the sparc isos or the x86 isos?
    >>>
    >>>;]
    >>>
    >>>regards
    >>>
    >>>thing
    >>>

    >>x86 iso's the ones on the APC mag cover DVD
    >>I did a bit of research after posting, and it seems that if you burn the
    >>iso's at too faster speed, they dont burn properly. I am trying one now
    >>at 4x to see if that makes a difference

    > I've got a working set if you're in Chch.
    >
    > Steve

    I have it working now, I just burnt at 4x and all is well.
    I'm not in chch but thanks for the offer anyway.
    JC, Aug 19, 2005
  9. Re: Solaris won't boot

    In article <>,
    JC <> wrote:

    >I did a bit of research after posting, and it seems that if you burn the
    >iso's at too faster speed, they dont burn properly.

    Did you verify the discs after burning?
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Aug 21, 2005