    solaris 10. Whats the best way to go about this? Partition off the drive in
    x64 and then put in Solaris? or the other way around? thank you folks. I have
    read some of the responses here and it is a very helpful community.

    =?Utf-8?B?dGNoYW5uYQ==?=, Sep 7, 2005

  2. Well, when dual booting Windows XP with any operating system its always best
    to install Windows first then alternate operating system.
    This forum post should be of some assistance:
    http://forum.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=23422
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 7, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?dGNoYW5uYQ==?=

    Rick Guest

    I know from previous editions of Windows, that it does not cope well
    with other OS's being installed before it. Windows is like a spoiled
    brat and wants to write its own MBR, disregarding what another OS may
    have done. Based on history, I would install Win x64 first and then
    Solaris. This is also the recommended procedure when installing Unix or
    Linux to dual boot with Windows.

    Rick, Sep 7, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?dGNoYW5uYQ==?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "tchanna" <> wrote in message
    > Im putting together an x64 system and I wanted a dual boot between x64 and
    > solaris 10. Whats the best way to go about this? Partition off the drive
    > in
    > x64 and then put in Solaris? or the other way around? thank you folks. I
    > have
    > read some of the responses here and it is a very helpful community.

    I am currently dual-booting with Solaris 10 and Windows XP Professional x64
    Edition.

    You *must* install WinXp Pro x64 first.

    They must have separate partitions, or separate hard drives (which is what I
    have).

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 7, 2005