    --
    Kind regards,
    Dominik

    Dominik Rappaport, Aug 22, 2006

  2. Dominik Rappaport

    AM Guest

    Dominik Rappaport wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Soho 91 router. My ISP assigned 8 static ip addresses to me (a
    > subnet with /29 subnet mask). So, I have 6 public ip addresses I can
    > use.

    > In the Cisco Router Web Setup I can only configure one public ip
    > address. Is it possible to enter the other five or does the device
    > support only one?

    Why to specify all the IP addresses if you need, by now, just one? it's not a waste of addresses if
    you configure just one nor anyone else will use them if not reachable/"available".
    Use them to configure static NAT or whatever you need, do not just add all to the same interface.
    Anyway you can add them specifiying the option "secondary" after the command ip address <IP address>
    <subnet mask>. They are not so useful as the primary but if you like to reach all of them from the
    world, you are free to do that.
    I have many ADSL lines where the provider gave me 8 addresses and I use just one.
    I agree with you that is a waste but is's provider business not mine (for business connectivity the
    provider I deal with gives a minimum of /29 network not less)

    HTH
    Alex.

    AM, Aug 22, 2006

  3. Dear Alex,

    AM schrieb:

    > Dominik Rappaport wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have a Soho 91 router. My ISP assigned 8 static ip addresses to me (a
    > > subnet with /29 subnet mask). So, I have 6 public ip addresses I can
    > > use.

    > > In the Cisco Router Web Setup I can only configure one public ip
    > > address. Is it possible to enter the other five or does the device
    > > support only one?

    > Why to specify all the IP addresses if you need, by now, just one? it's not a waste of addresses if
    > you configure just one nor anyone else will use them if not reachable/"available".
    > Use them to configure static NAT or whatever you need, do not just add all to the same interface.
    > Anyway you can add them specifiying the option "secondary" after the command ip address <IP address>
    > <subnet mask>. They are not so useful as the primary but if you like to reach all of them from the
    > world, you are free to do that.
    > I have many ADSL lines where the provider gave me 8 addresses and I use just one.
    > I agree with you that is a waste but is's provider business not mine (for business connectivity the
    > provider I deal with gives a minimum of /29 network not less)

    Thanks for you reply. I have to publish two servers that both use
    HTTPS. So they use the same port number and I have to give them two
    distinct public IP addresses.

    In the PAT menu I can define the ports the incoming ports I like to
    open and to what internal port I like to forward them. But that works
    only for the single public IP address, I specified in the wizard.

    So, if I understood you right: I log on to the console, define the
    second public IP address as secondary address of the WAN interface and
    can then somehow define the port forwarding for the second server.
    Right?

    --
    Kind regards,
    Dominik