    I can get the first installer screen, where you enter your name and the
    serial number, but when you click next, it says that is had encontered a
    problem and needs to close.
    =?Utf-8?B?TGlnaHRuYg==?=, Oct 6, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TGlnaHRuYg==?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "Lightnb" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Certain software programs won't install under the windows 64 bit edition.
    >
    > Ironically Microsoft Office is one of them... amoung others.
    >
    > Is there some trick of fix to getting this software installed?
    >
    > I can get the first installer screen, where you enter your name and the
    > serial number, but when you click next, it says that is had encontered a
    > problem and needs to close.

    I am running Microsoft Office 2003 under Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
    with no problem.
    Installed effortlessly.

    Have you installed the latest motherboard and chipset drivers, and the
    driver for the CPU?

    Bobby
    NoNoBadDog!, Oct 6, 2005

  3. Also check Windows update to ensure you have the latest version of the
    Windows Installer 3.1 v2 installed.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 6, 2005
  4. Here's the download:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a18d-35581c42eca0&displaylang=en&Hash=YYCGHT7

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 6, 2005
  5. I'm using office XP. the bios is up to date, and im pretty sure that i
    installed the motherboard and proccessor drivers too... theres so many
    different files given by both that its hard to tell which one you need.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGlnaHRuYg==?=, Oct 9, 2005
  6. I went there and downloaded one of the files, but it still crashes on install.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGlnaHRuYg==?=, Oct 9, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TGlnaHRuYg==?=

    Lightnb Guest

    Tried all the stuff that was suggested... MS Office still crashes. Any more
    ideas?

    Lightnb, Oct 15, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TGlnaHRuYg==?=

    Duke Guest

    I'm using Microsoft Windows XP x64 on a single, non-Raid SATA hard
    drive. I activated, registered, and validated my copy of x64 with
    Microsoft---so that I could receive and install any possible x64
    updates---before attempting to install any other software, including
    Microsoft Office XP.

    After the OS was up-to-date, I successfully installed Office XP without
    any problems.

    --
    Duke
    Duke's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=10476