    latest updates for your software?
    Thanks,
    DonB

    DonB, Nov 1, 2003

  2. DonB

    T.N.O. Guest

    DonB wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend a freeware program which will search for the
    > latest updates for your software?

    I would but I cant think of the name of it, I got it from download.com
    though... good luck.

    Hell, it might have been called version-checker or something similar.

    T.N.O., Nov 1, 2003

  3. DonB

    bambam Guest

    (DonB) wrote in news:3fa41441.39607102
    @news.paradise.net.nz:

    > Can anyone recommend a freeware program which will search for the
    > latest updates for your software?

    Here's one-

    http://help.bigfix.com/

    --
    Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.

    bambam, Nov 1, 2003
  4. DonB

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Can anyone recommend a freeware program which will search for the
    > latest updates for your software?
    > Thanks,
    > DonB

    HfNetChkPro (requires registration) - Win OS apps covered (eg OS,
    Exchange Server, SQL Server, Office etc etc).

    http://www.shavlik.com/

    Their technology is used by Microsoft themselves, in SUS and the
    Baseline Security Analizer tool.

    The registered freebie version lets you deploy to up to 10 PC's on a
    network (I *think* it's ten).

    --
    Duncan

    T-Boy, Nov 2, 2003