    someone can tell me what piece of simple free software I can use to do the
    simple task of trimming the front and rear of a wmv file using windowsxp,
    thanks.
    blanking, Aug 19, 2007

  2. On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:41:17 +1200, blanking wrote:

    > With all the thousands of hits I get when I try to search for this I hope
    > someone can tell me what piece of simple free software I can use to do the
    > simple task of trimming the front and rear of a wmv file using windowsxp,
    > thanks.

    Goldwave.

    The trial version is fully functional. It will enable you, provided you
    have the codecs installed, to convert that file to WAV, and then to edit
    it, and then to save it into any format supported by any codec you have
    installed.

    --
    Jonathan Walker

    Jonathan Walker, Aug 20, 2007

  3. In article <>, blanking@brain says...
    > With all the thousands of hits I get when I try to search for this I hope
    > someone can tell me what piece of simple free software I can use to do the
    > simple task of trimming the front and rear of a wmv file using windowsxp,
    > thanks.

    Here's a tool that will convert wmv and wma to just about any other format:

    http://www.videohelp.com/tools/SUPER_1

    which will make it more easily edited/editable I expect.

    -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Aug 20, 2007
  4. blanking

    blanking Guest

    "Jonathan Walker" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 10:41:17 +1200, blanking wrote:
    >
    >> With all the thousands of hits I get when I try to search for this I hope
    >> someone can tell me what piece of simple free software I can use to do
    >> the
    >> simple task of trimming the front and rear of a wmv file using windowsxp,
    >> thanks.

    > Goldwave.
    >
    > The trial version is fully functional. It will enable you, provided you
    > have the codecs installed, to convert that file to WAV, and then to edit
    > it, and then to save it into any format supported by any codec you have
    > installed.
    >

    > --
    > Jonathan Walker

    Thanks a lot, that did the trick with minimum of fuss, I just opened it,
    deleted what I did not want and saved, simple as that I had a trimmed
    version of the original wmv file, I guess the program converts the file to
    wave in the background without the users having to worry about it.
    blanking, Aug 20, 2007
  5. blanking

    blanking Guest

    "Peter Huebner" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, blanking@brain says...
    >> With all the thousands of hits I get when I try to search for this I hope
    >> someone can tell me what piece of simple free software I can use to do
    >> the
    >> simple task of trimming the front and rear of a wmv file using windowsxp,
    >> thanks.

    > Here's a tool that will convert wmv and wma to just about any other
    > format:
    >
    > http://www.videohelp.com/tools/SUPER_1
    >
    > which will make it more easily edited/editable I expect.
    >
    > -Peter

    Thanks for the suggestion but goldwave did it wasy enough for me.
    blanking, Aug 20, 2007