Software to show and email it Dynamic IP

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Corsair, May 22, 2009.

  1. Corsair

    Corsair Guest

    Hi all,

    at home I've all my computers running win xp pro x64, and I've
    installed some time ago one software named "IPObserver" which
    monitors the public IP and email me in case it changes or in every
    reboot of computer.

    the ISP is under dynamic IP (not fixed IP), this program works, but
    sometimes I can not open unless I say "maximise" instead of the
    normal window, probably because it's a translation of a Mac software.

    now my question is there any other software that do the same, I don't want
    very complicated software only that make the same that this programs does:
    run at start up
    check the public address, email me this address and
    in every change of IP that email me the new address,

    that is because I´m mariner and I use to access my home computers from
    abroad, but I need to know the IP (that is dynamic).

    if natively x64 better, if not ..... ok x86, and if possible freeware.

    or a batch in the OS to do so, would be fine too, but I have no clue of
    doing it.

    Cheers, Corsair.

    Corsair, May 22, 2009

  2. This is definitely a question you should be asking the vendor.

    Go to http://www.brothersoft.com/info/contact_us/ and post your question
    there.

    Your question is not a Windows operating system question, it's a an
    IPOBserver question. Microsoft didn't write this program.

    Bobby Johnson, May 22, 2009

  3. Corsair <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > at home I've all my computers running win xp pro x64, and I've
    > installed some time ago one software named "IPObserver" which
    > monitors the public IP and email me in case it changes or in every
    > reboot of computer.
    >
    > the ISP is under dynamic IP (not fixed IP), this program works, but
    > sometimes I can not open unless I say "maximise" instead of the
    > normal window, probably because it's a translation of a Mac software.
    >
    > now my question is there any other software that do the same, I don't
    > want very complicated software only that make the same that this
    > programs does: run at start up
    > check the public address, email me this address and
    > in every change of IP that email me the new address,
    >
    > that is because I´m mariner and I use to access my home computers from
    > abroad, but I need to know the IP (that is dynamic).
    >
    > if natively x64 better, if not ..... ok x86, and if possible freeware.
    >
    > or a batch in the OS to do so, would be fine too, but I have no clue
    > of doing it.
    >
    > Cheers, Corsair.

    I don't know anything that will email you, but why not just get an account
    with a dynamic DNS company such as www.dyndns.com ? It will update
    myaccount.mydnsdomain.com with the current IP. And if you have a
    router/firewall appliance it may be able to do the updates itself.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], May 22, 2009
  4. DirectUpdate -- I've used it for years and it works great. There's a 64-bit
    version that works in XP x64, Vista x64, Server 2k3 x64, Server 2k8 x64, and
    Win7/Server 2k8R2

    http://www.directupdate.net/

    If you set yourself up with a domain, even one of the dynamic subdomains,
    such as dyndns, it's even easier, since you won't need to ever need to
    change anything. You'll connect to your machine by name, and the IP address
    changes will happen in the background.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 22, 2009
  5. Corsair

    Corsair Guest

    Thanks Charlie,

    I've tried the x64 version and work greats, I've registered (purchased) the
    software too.

    Cheers / Corsair.

    mensaje de noticias:#...

    Corsair, May 28, 2009
  6. Good, glad to hear it. I've been pretty pleased with it over the years.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 29, 2009
  7. Charlie Russel - MVP <> wrote:
    > Good, glad to hear it. I've been pretty pleased with it over the
    > years.

    I used to use it and agree that it was good. But since I always use DynDNS,
    I now use the freebie updater they provide and it works perfectly.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Jun 15, 2009
  8. I still use ZoneEdit, and since I have a full license for DirectUpdate, the
    combination has been quite successful here. As I'm sure the DynDNS one is
    for you. This isn't rocket science, and anyone who pays their ISP to do
    DNS...

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 15, 2009
  9. Charlie Russel - MVP <> wrote:
    > I still use ZoneEdit, and since I have a full license for
    > DirectUpdate, the combination has been quite successful here. As I'm
    > sure the DynDNS one is for you. This isn't rocket science, and anyone
    > who pays their ISP to do DNS...

    Heck yeah. Similar to "anyone who asks their electrician to pull & terminate

    One thing I like about DynDNS (which you may now be able to do with others,
    dunno) is that I can use my own domain name(s) with dynamic IPs if DynDNS
    hosts the DNS for those domains. So, no need for
    someweirdname.somedynamicDNSprovider.com to show up anywhere :)

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Jun 17, 2009