    taken!
    thanks
    alex
    Alex Hunsley, May 20, 2004

  2. "Alex Hunsley" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm wondering if software already exists that would look at the exif

    photo
    > taken date info in a load of photos and use these dates to set the

    windows file
    > modified date on the file. I ask this because I find it very useful that
    > usually the file modified date in windows is the same as the date the

    photo was
    > taken, but sometimes the file mod. date gets changed for various reasons

    and
    > I'd like tsome way to set it back automatically to the date when the

    photo was
    > taken!
    > thanks
    > alex

    Pie - Picture Information Extractor - www.picmeta.com (from memory).

    Will set the file name - not sure about the timestamp.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, May 20, 2004

  3. "David J Taylor" <-this-bit> wrote in
    message news:rs%qc.8$...
    []

    > Pie - Picture Information Extractor - www.picmeta.com (from memory).
    >
    > Will set the file name - not sure about the timestamp.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > David

    Just checked, yes, PIE includes a "redate" option.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, May 20, 2004