Software to package Photo Albums - Autorun, Archive, Organize Etc..

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Daniel, Apr 29, 2004.

  1. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    I recall awhile back that someone gave me a CD with some
    photos on it and it was nicely package with auto-run, nice
    GUI, very nice GUI that had like ROLL1, Roll2, etc or
    whatever it had. Not Sure if it was Kodak make or not.

    I am/was looking for the same thing. I want something to
    take photos and archive them on CDs or make / package them nicely.

    I've been looking at some sites and software like:

    Ulead Photo Impact,
    Thumbs Plus 3.2,
    Extensis Portfolio,
    Thumbsplus,

    I went to download.com as well and checked whatever is under
    Photo Album and sort them by ratings or downloads.

    I also want to use this software to take it to a Digital Printer
    and just hand them the disk and have all the photos there
    high quality, 2-3mb each.

    I also use a ThumbNailer Pro for web and mass resize which
    is good for html output, gallery and such but not exactly what
    I need or want.

    Any input or suggestion is appreciated it, I am not interested
    in any online-web based albums. I like to keep my 2-4 gigs
    of pictures I take every two - three months on my desktop.

    Daniel,
    Thanks and sorry if I cross-post'd.

    Daniel, Apr 29, 2004

  2. Daniel

    D.R. Guest

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message

    > I recall awhile back that someone gave me a CD with some
    > photos on it and it was nicely package with auto-run, nice
    > GUI, very nice GUI that had like ROLL1, Roll2, etc or
    > whatever it had. Not Sure if it was Kodak make or not.

    I got ArcSoft Photobase 3 with my digital camera.
    Has auto-run slideshow thingamee for cd.

    > Thanks and sorry if I cross-post'd.

    Replace "if" with "for". ;-)

    D.R., Apr 29, 2004

  3. Daniel

    me Guest

    I have Roxio's Photosuite 5

    With it I can make slide shows, and then create a CD that contains multiple
    slide shows that are playable on a DVD player or a PC.

    And.. you also have the option to save the original pictures in their
    original resolution

    And... it also records an autostart file on the CD, so whether you pop the
    CD in a DVD or a PC, a menu will appear to facilitate viewing the slide
    shows. The menu on the PC asks whether you want to view the slide shows or
    the original pictures.

    I find these feature great for me. Just recently I attended a wedding and
    took over 100 pictures. The next day I created a combo-CD and plopped copies
    in the mail to various relatives and friends. They can view the slide shows
    as long as they have a DVD player or a CD (my parents aren't into PC's, so
    this is great for them). And if they see a picture they want a print of,
    they can haul the CD to the local drugstore and get a print from the
    high-res original. Wife uses these CD's when she has people over... easier
    to have a group of people watch a slide show on a big screen TV from the
    cushy living room couch then huddled around a PC screen.

    me, May 1, 2004