    Are there any application that can periodically during the day do a
    bandwidth test and log to a file ie spreadsheet or CSV ?

    Cub

    Cub, Sep 7, 2006

  2. Leigh-Anne Mills, Sep 7, 2006

  3. Cub

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 11:11:58 +0100, Cub wrote:

    >Hiya
    >

    >Are there any application that can periodically during the day do a
    >bandwidth test and log to a file ie spreadsheet or CSV ?

    ARGHHH SCREAM !!! NOT AGAIN.

    Try searching past posts in 24HSHD it's been mentioned so many times
    it's a wonder you didn't find anything simply by accident.

    Almost willing to bet an NTL user or 2 would find something.

    Then again what's to be expected from someone using home.com in error. I
    doubt this is you http://www.jp.home.com/ , but then only you would send
    spam to your own mail server and not those that belong to anyone else.

    Me

    why?, Sep 7, 2006
  4. Cub

    Cub Guest

    "Leigh-Anne Mills" <> wrote in message

    > "Cub" <> wrote in message
    >> Hiya
    >>

    >> Are there any application that can periodically during the day do a
    >> bandwidth test and log to a file ie spreadsheet or CSV ?
    >>

    >> Cub
    >>

    > Google is your friend
    >
    > http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=bandwidth monitor&spell=1

    I'm aware of these but WHAT I asked was a prog that periodically goes out
    does a test and loggs the bandwidth ie once , twice an hour so I can plot
    the quality over a 24 hour period, the ones from your search will give
    useage and average and a few other params i think and typically need you to
    be busy surfing to produce the averages.

    Cub, Sep 7, 2006
  5. Cub

    ProfGene Guest

    Cub wrote:
    > Hiya
    >

    > Are there any application that can periodically during the day do a
    > bandwidth test and log to a file ie spreadsheet or CSV ?
    >

    > Cub

    Just go to view and click on arrange by then you can put them in order
    of date or alphabetical or whichever you prefer.

    ProfGene, Sep 8, 2006
  6. ProfGene mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Cub wrote:
    >> Hiya
    >>

    >> Are there any application that can periodically during the day do a
    >> bandwidth test and log to a file ie spreadsheet or CSV ?
    >>

    >> Cub
    >>

    > Just go to view and click on arrange by then you can put them in order
    > of date or alphabetical or whichever you prefer.

    WTF has that got to do with the original question?

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.

    The Old Sourdough, Sep 8, 2006
  7. Cub

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 08:20:12 -0500, The Old Sourdough Has Frothed:

    > ProfGene mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> Cub wrote:
    >>> Hiya
    >>>

    >>> Are there any application that can periodically during the day do a
    >>> bandwidth test and log to a file ie spreadsheet or CSV ?
    >>>

    >>> Cub
    >>>

    >> Just go to view and click on arrange by then you can put them in order
    >> of date or alphabetical or whichever you prefer.

    > WTF has that got to do with the original question?

    Nothing.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Sep 8, 2006
  8. Meat Plow mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 08:20:12 -0500, The Old Sourdough Has Frothed:
    >
    >> ProfGene mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Just go to view and click on arrange by then you can put them in order
    >>> of date or alphabetical or whichever you prefer.

    >> WTF has that got to do with the original question?

    > Nothing.

    Which seems to be about the norm for ProfGene.

    The Old Sourdough, Sep 8, 2006
  9. Cub

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 18:40:13 +0100, Cub wrote:

    >"Leigh-Anne Mills" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Cub" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hiya
    >>>

    >>> Are there any application that can periodically during the day do a
    >>> bandwidth test and log to a file ie spreadsheet or CSV ?
    >>>

    >>> Cub
    >>>

    >> Google is your friend
    >>
    >> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=bandwidth monitor&spell=1
    >>

    >I'm aware of these but WHAT I asked was a prog that periodically goes out
    >does a test and loggs the bandwidth ie once , twice an hour so I can plot
    >the quality over a 24 hour period, the ones from your search will give
    >useage and average and a few other params i think and typically need you to
    >be busy surfing to produce the averages.

    Ah, the gold old what do you actually want to test, available bandwidth,
    how long it takes to send large files, what happens if you send 500MB
    over a 100Mb link and how it varies, or maybe see what you can push
    through a link for 30 seconds.

    The last is more fun, we gets lots of complaints about LAN performance
    and not telling anybody I shove 5GB between 2 buildings multiple times
    and no one calls, having just flatlined the max bandwith in several
    places. Oh what fun......

    Last time at work someone knocked up a VB app, to open MS Word, load a
    file, close file and close Word. It did save to a CSV file.

    There are several end-to-end GUI (OS independant Java) and cmd line
    (several OSs) bandwidth testers, depending on the setup you have, try
    www.google.com again, using some varied keywords.

    Me

    why?, Sep 8, 2006
  10. Cub

    Kevin Hill Guest

    Cub wrote:
    > Hiya
    >

    > Are there any application that can periodically during the day do a
    > bandwidth test and log to a file ie spreadsheet or CSV ?

    Not exactly what you're seeking, but it may be worth a look:

    http://www.dumeter.com/main.php

    Kevin Hill, Sep 8, 2006
  11. Cub

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:54:41 -0500, Kevin Hill wrote:

    >Cub wrote:
    >> Hiya
    >>

    >> Are there any application that can periodically during the day do a
    >> bandwidth test and log to a file ie spreadsheet or CSV ?

    >Not exactly what you're seeking, but it may be worth a look:
    >
    >http://www.dumeter.com/main.php

    Here is a tip, for you as well.
    for author:why?

    There are several posts mentioning bandwidth and tools.

    Me

    why?, Sep 8, 2006