    Any suggestions on freeware that will get the goods on the installed
    hardware??

    Thanks in advance

    zebra26, Oct 2, 2007

  2. zebra26

    zack Guest

    zebra26 <> wrote in news:1191339551.407121.85650
    @r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

    > I can't get a CDrom installed on an older 98 machine because the
    > driver isn't present.
    >
    > I want to find the make and model of the motherboard. Awhile back I
    > had come across a simple, free application which would provide a list
    > of all the hardware installed on a computer: make , model the works.
    > Of course I can't find it.
    >
    > I think it was Everest but I am not sure. I've looked at Everest
    > software but nothin free there.
    >
    > Any suggestions on freeware that will get the goods on the installed
    > hardware??
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    here you go try this http://www.gtopala.com/

    zack

    --
    Life is hard to believe espically when you phone the
    help line that connects you to someone in india, who

    zack, Oct 2, 2007

  3. zebra26

    Guest

    zebra26 <> wrote:

    >I can't get a CDrom installed on an older 98 machine because the
    >driver isn't present.
    >
    >I want to find the make and model of the motherboard. Awhile back I
    >had come across a simple, free application which would provide a list
    >of all the hardware installed on a computer: make , model the works.
    >Of course I can't find it.
    >
    >I think it was Everest but I am not sure. I've looked at Everest
    >software but nothin free there.
    >
    >Any suggestions on freeware that will get the goods on the installed
    >hardware??

    You were right about Everest, it will show you what you have.
    http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html free version, and the version
    I use.
    --

    ad-supported television content over the Internet
    http://www.joost.com/

    , Oct 2, 2007
  4. zebra26 wrote:

    > I can't get a CDrom installed on an older 98 machine because the
    > driver isn't present.
    >
    > I want to find the make and model of the motherboard. Awhile back I
    > had come across a simple, free application which would provide a list
    > of all the hardware installed on a computer: make , model the works.
    > Of course I can't find it.
    >
    > I think it was Everest but I am not sure. I've looked at Everest
    > software but nothin free there.

    Everest Home Edition. Download from here:
    http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

    > Any suggestions on freeware that will get the goods on the installed
    > hardware??

    Have you tried the Belarc Advisor? Also worthy, and free; tells you just
    about everything about the hardware, and the OS:
    http://belarc.com/free_download.html

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 2, 2007