    Any freeware I can use? How about a low priced program available on the
    internet?

    Thanks and Happy Holidays

    Anthony, Dec 25, 2003

  2. On 2003-12-25, Anthony <> wrote:
    > I need to edit some video I took of my grandson with a Canon Coolpix G2.
    > Any freeware I can use? How about a low priced program available on the
    > internet?

    iMovie is great and free, just requires a Macintosh.

    On the PC Microsoft delivers Movie Maker. There is also
    something included with Nero CD/DVD burning software.
    Povl H. Pedersen, Dec 25, 2003

  3. Anthony

    JunkMonkey Guest

    You might also want to ask this question in alt.comp.freeware.

    JunkMonkey, Dec 25, 2003
  4. Anthony

    PTRAVEL Guest

    > On 2003-12-25, Anthony <> wrote:
    > > I need to edit some video I took of my grandson with a Canon Coolpix G2.
    > > Any freeware I can use? How about a low priced program available on the
    > > internet?

    > iMovie is great and free, just requires a Macintosh.
    >
    > On the PC Microsoft delivers Movie Maker. There is also
    > something included with Nero CD/DVD burning software.

    I assume that, like most digital still cameras, the Coolpix produces MPEG
    video. MPEG cannot be edited in Movie Maker or, I'd be willing to be,
    iMovie. MPEG editing is quite difficult. I know MPEG can be read and, with
    some difficulty, edited in Premiere, a pro-level package, and can also be
    exported as an AVI, then re-imported and edited.
    PTRAVEL, Dec 25, 2003
  5. (Anthony) wrote:

    >I need to edit some video I took of my grandson with a Canon Coolpix G2.
    >Any freeware I can use? How about a low priced program available on the
    >internet?

    Anthony,

    what file format is it? MOV?

    You can use QuickEdit to convert to uncompressed AVI, then
    recompress, for example, to DivX. I have done this a number of
    times with good success. You can see examples at
    http://www.michna.com/kenya2003/. Search for the word movie.

    The procedure is a bit awkward, but it works. I use VirtualDub
    to compress the video, single pass, quality-based.

    Hans-Georg

    --
    No mail, please.
    Hans-Georg Michna, Dec 26, 2003