    --
    Support
    http://www.cozyworld.ca <http://www.cozyworld.ca/>

    support, Aug 30, 2007

  2. support

    Mike Easter Guest

    support wrote:
    Subject: Software to design an email signature

    The question and its important supporting information goes into the body
    of the message, not just the subject. If you get mixed up about what is
    the content of the subject vs the body, don't write/create the subject
    at all until you have completely finished asking your question with its
    supporting information in the message body.

    The body should be sufficient information for the readers to understand
    the question and the body should be all complete sentences. Then, after
    the question has been asked and supported in the body, create a subject
    to reflect the content of the body. The subject should be very brief
    and does not have to be a complete sentence.

    > I use TB in WinXP.

    Presumably you want to create a sig file to use with Tbird. You don't
    need software to do that, as your sig should be very short. If you want
    to have a 'variable' sig with cute quotations that is one subject. If
    you are thinking that you want some kind of html sig, then you should
    have another think coming. You should not be sending html mail and you
    should not be posting html news messages.

    Here's a signature switch. Don't use it for html sigs. The fortune
    cookies aren't too bad and turning on or off or changing for different
    purposes is not bad.
    http://mozext.achimonline.de/signatureswitch_about.php Signature Switch

    I strongly discourage anything other than simple sigs.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 30, 2007

  3. support

    thanatoid Guest

    support <> wrote in

    > I use TB in WinXP.
    > Thanks in advance for the help.

    You're not saying much but I believe you want an "image" or
    something in your sig. Those can be great or horrid, but that's
    another subject.

    Google for "ASCII image software". "Characterizer" is one that
    comes to mind - I've ran across about 5. I'm sure there are a
    couple dozen.
    Whether they will work in XP is another thing. It's not a very
    "current" concern. Most of those programs are QUITE old.

    --
    "This is not nuclear. This is just a test."
    - illyria

    thanatoid, Aug 30, 2007
  4. support

    Plato Guest

    support wrote:

    > I use TB in WinXP.
    > Thanks in advance for the help.

    Best NOT to use software for an email sig. Best to keep your sig as
    short as possible in plain text.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 30, 2007
  5. On 2007-08-30, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, support waxed eloquently:
    > I use TB in WinXP.

    You have my sympathy.

    > Thanks in advance for the help.

    You're welcome.

    --
    The Old Sourdough

    The Old Sourdough, Aug 30, 2007
  6. support

    support Guest

    thanatoid wrote:
    > support <> wrote in
    >
    >> I use TB in WinXP.
    >> Thanks in advance for the help.

    > You're not saying much but I believe you want an "image" or
    > something in your sig. Those can be great or horrid, but that's
    > another subject.
    >
    > Google for "ASCII image software". "Characterizer" is one that
    > comes to mind - I've ran across about 5. I'm sure there are a
    > couple dozen.
    > Whether they will work in XP is another thing. It's not a very
    > "current" concern. Most of those programs are QUITE old.

    I'd like to include a couple of relevant logos, like 100x50 gif files.

    support, Aug 30, 2007
  7. support

    Top Guest

    On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 08:53:56 -0400, support wrote:

    > thanatoid wrote:
    >> support <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> I use TB in WinXP.
    >>> Thanks in advance for the help.

    >> You're not saying much but I believe you want an "image" or something in
    >> your sig. Those can be great or horrid, but that's another subject.
    >>
    >> Google for "ASCII image software". "Characterizer" is one that comes to
    >> mind - I've ran across about 5. I'm sure there are a couple dozen.
    >> Whether they will work in XP is another thing. It's not a very "current"
    >> concern. Most of those programs are QUITE old.
    >>

    > I'd like to include a couple of relevant logos, like 100x50 gif files.

    The ONLY thing you should be posting in a non-binary ng is text. This is
    a test only - non-binary ng. If you put images in you postings you will be
    pissing off a lot of people and whatever you've posted will not be
    addressed.

    Top

    Top, Aug 30, 2007
  8. support

    support Guest

    Top wrote:

    > The ONLY thing you should be posting in a non-binary ng is text. This is
    > a test only - non-binary ng. If you put images in you postings you will be
    > pissing off a lot of people and whatever you've posted will not be
    > addressed.
    >
    > Top

    "Fancy" signatures I need for an EMAIL account only.

    support, Aug 30, 2007
  9. support

    thanatoid Guest

    support <> wrote in

    > thanatoid wrote:
    >> support <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> I use TB in WinXP.
    >>> Thanks in advance for the help.

    >> You're not saying much but I believe you want an "image"
    >> or something in your sig. Those can be great or horrid,
    >> but that's another subject.
    >>
    >> Google for "ASCII image software". "Characterizer" is one
    >> that comes to mind - I've ran across about 5. I'm sure
    >> there are a couple dozen.
    >> Whether they will work in XP is another thing. It's not a
    >> very "current" concern. Most of those programs are QUITE
    >> old.
    >>

    > I'd like to include a couple of relevant logos, like 100x50
    > gif files.

    That will only work in web-mail (hotmail, yahoo,
    etc) and will not work in POP/SMTP
    mail unless included as attachments.

    You can make a "template" for your web mail which includes all
    the crap (sorry, but...) you want in it, and use it every time
    you write a new email. Just make a message with little or no
    actual text, just like a template or a letterhead, and save in
    "drafts". You can't make it "read only" so make sure you do not
    save the changes every time - make sure you save the changed -
    i.e. actual new mail message - as an ***email***, leaving the
    "draft template" as is.

    FWIW, you CAN convert your logos and images (depending on the
    nature thereof - some will do nothing, some may work quite well)
    to ASCI art using the programs I mentioned. You will lose 60-95%
    of the content in most cases - although the results might still
    be usable.

    The person who mentioned that you should not put binaries in
    text only newsgroups neglected to mention that many - although
    not all - servers automatically reject all non-binary group
    messages with binaries in it or as attachments, or will put the
    txt through and junk the rest.

    But I guess that's not what you wanted to do.

    thanatoid, Aug 30, 2007
  10. support

    support Guest

    thanatoid wrote:

    > That will only work in web-mail (hotmail, yahoo,
    > etc) and will not work in POP/SMTP
    > mail unless included as attachments.
    >
    > You can make a "template" for your web mail which includes all
    > the crap (sorry, but...) you want in it, and use it every time
    > you write a new email. Just make a message with little or no
    > actual text, just like a template or a letterhead, and save in
    > "drafts". You can't make it "read only" so make sure you do not
    > save the changes every time - make sure you save the changed -
    > i.e. actual new mail message - as an ***email***, leaving the
    > "draft template" as is.
    >
    > FWIW, you CAN convert your logos and images (depending on the
    > nature thereof - some will do nothing, some may work quite well)
    > to ASCI art using the programs I mentioned. You will lose 60-95%
    > of the content in most cases - although the results might still
    > be usable.
    >
    > The person who mentioned that you should not put binaries in
    > text only newsgroups neglected to mention that many - although
    > not all - servers automatically reject all non-binary group
    > messages with binaries in it or as attachments, or will put the
    > txt through and junk the rest.
    >
    > But I guess that's not what you wanted to do.

    thanatoid,

    Thanks a lot for taking time to explain.
    I was hoping for a simple fool proof solution. I do not use web mail at all. I'd better stick with a text signature for now.
    Regards.

    support, Aug 31, 2007
  11. support

    Mitch Guest

    In article <9LFBi.15891$>, support
    <> wrote:

    > "Fancy" signatures I need for an EMAIL account only.

    Okay, but I don't see any sign you understand how to change your e-mail
    to send HTML format and paste in a graphic.
    It's still not a good idea, but that's all there is to it -- you don't
    need any program, there is nothing to do but create the graphic and
    paste it in place.

    Mitch, Aug 31, 2007
  12. support

    thanatoid Guest

    support <> wrote in

    > thanatoid wrote:
    >

    >> That will only work in web-mail (hotmail, yahoo,
    >> etc) and will not work in
    >> POP/SMTP mail unless included as attachments.
    >>
    >> You can make a "template" for your web mail which includes
    >> all the crap (sorry, but...) you want in it, and use it
    >> every time you write a new email. Just make a message with
    >> little or no actual text, just like a template or a
    >> letterhead, and save in "drafts". You can't make it "read
    >> only" so make sure you do not save the changes every time
    >> - make sure you save the changed - i.e. actual new mail
    >> message - as an ***email***, leaving the "draft template"
    >> as is.
    >>
    >> FWIW, you CAN convert your logos and images (depending on
    >> the nature thereof - some will do nothing, some may work
    >> quite well) to ASCI art using the programs I mentioned.
    >> You will lose 60-95% of the content in most cases -
    >> although the results might still be usable.
    >>
    >> The person who mentioned that you should not put binaries
    >> in text only newsgroups neglected to mention that many -
    >> although not all - servers automatically reject all
    >> non-binary group messages with binaries in it or as
    >> attachments, or will put the txt through and junk the
    >> rest.
    >>
    >> But I guess that's not what you wanted to do.
    >>

    > thanatoid,
    >
    > Thanks a lot for taking time to explain.

    My pleasure.

    > I was hoping for a simple fool proof solution. I do not use
    > web mail at all.

    Good for you. Webmail sucks. And it's very insecure.

    > I'd better stick with a text signature for
    > now. Regards.

    Likewise.

    thanatoid, Aug 31, 2007