    compact images so that they can be sent via email without too much loss of
    quality?

    Many thanks.

    Bluecob, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Hi!

    You can use NeatImage ( www.neatimage.com ) to filter noise from your
    snapshots, also this software significantly reduces images in size, like 500
    Kb jpeg can easily be compacted to 80 Kb without visible quality loss.
    Software is free (limited to 24 bit operations, which is perfectly okey for
    ome use).

    Andrey Slabkiy, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Bluecob

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 07 Oct 2003 09:47:37 GMT, in rec.photo.digital
    (Bluecob) wrote:

    >Help required.
    >
    >Can anyone recommend some software (preferably shareware) that can be used to
    >compact images so that they can be sent via email without too much loss of
    >quality?

    For the PC Irfanview is a wonderful free to have.
    http://www.irfanview.com
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Oct 7, 2003
  4. Bluecob

    Rich Guest

    windows xp does it.

    www.digitalmood.co.uk

    Rich, Oct 7, 2003
  5. Bluecob

    y_p_w Guest

    (Bluecob) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Help required.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend some software (preferably shareware) that can be used to
    > compact images so that they can be sent via email without too much loss of
    > quality?

    Well - I like GraphicConverter for Mac OS X. It's shareware, and is
    fully functional, but it needs a (paid) key. Without the key, it
    takes ticks off 30 seconds before you can start it. This is considered
    a "trial period". I don't use it much, and I think I'll wait until I
    use it regularly before paying the fee.

    <http://www.apple.com/macosx/applications/graphicconverter>

    y_p_w, Oct 7, 2003