    seeking.

    Thanks.

    IHT

    Internet Highway Traveler, Dec 30, 2010

  2. Internet Highway Traveler

    Patrick Guest

    Internet Highway Traveler wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am looking for a software, preferably free, that can assign
    > consecutive numbers to images, whether they are JPGs, GIFs, BMPs,
    > PNGs, etc.
    > I googled, seeking such a software, but was unable to locate one.
    >
    > I hope that members of this NG know and can recommend the software
    > that I seeking.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > IHT

    Try 'Irfaview' (free);
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    Download 'Irfanview' and Plugins, install 'Irfanview'
    and then run the 'Plugins' file

    Run 'Irfanview'
    Select 'Help' menu, click 'Irfanview Help'
    Click 'File menu'>'Batch Conversion/Rename

    --
    The program 'Irfanview' is worth haveing for a dozen other uses !

    Patrick, Dec 30, 2010

  3. "Internet Highway Traveler" <>
    wrote in message news:ifho9f$kip$-september.org...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am looking for a software, preferably free, that can assign consecutive
    > numbers to images, whether they are JPGs, GIFs, BMPs, PNGs, etc.
    >
    > I googled, seeking such a software, but was unable to locate one.
    >
    > I hope that members of this NG know and can recommend the software that I
    > am seeking.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > IHT

    Patrick and lugnut,

    Thank you for your recommendations. Much appreciated!

    IHT

    Internet Highway Traveler, Dec 31, 2010
  4. Internet Highway Traveler

    Patrick Guest

    Internet Highway Traveler wrote:
    > "Internet Highway Traveler"
    > <> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>

    >> IHT
    >>

    > Patrick and lugnut,
    >
    > Thank you for your recommendations. Much appreciated!
    >
    > IHT

    OK :)

    Patrick, Dec 31, 2010
  5. Internet Highway Traveler

    . Guest

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 06:16:55 -0500, "Internet Highway Traveler"
    <> wrote:

    >"Internet Highway Traveler" <>
    >wrote in message news:ifho9f$kip$-september.org...
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I am looking for a software, preferably free, that can assign consecutive
    >> numbers to images, whether they are JPGs, GIFs, BMPs, PNGs, etc.
    >>
    >> I googled, seeking such a software, but was unable to locate one.
    >>
    >> I hope that members of this NG know and can recommend the software that I
    >> am seeking.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> IHT
    >>

    >Patrick and lugnut,
    >
    >Thank you for your recommendations. Much appreciated!
    >
    >IHT

    FlexRena81 fait la job

    ., Dec 31, 2010
  6. Internet Highway Traveler

    lugnut Guest

    Traveler" <> wrote:

    >"Internet Highway Traveler" <>
    >wrote in message news:ifho9f$kip$-september.org...
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I am looking for a software, preferably free, that can assign consecutive
    >> numbers to images, whether they are JPGs, GIFs, BMPs, PNGs, etc.
    >>
    >> I googled, seeking such a software, but was unable to locate one.
    >>
    >> I hope that members of this NG know and can recommend the software that I
    >> am seeking.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> IHT
    >>

    >Patrick and lugnut,
    >
    >Thank you for your recommendations. Much appreciated!
    >
    >IHT

    Patrick's suggestion of Irfanview is good if you want to do
    more than one thing at the same time as renaming. I have
    used it to do a batch rename, resize and color correction
    all in one step with Irfanview. If you do much at all with
    images, Irfanview will become your indespensible "go to" for
    many things. You can also make an image catalog to print
    with captions or notes which I find handy. There are
    probably dozens of things I have yet to use in it. It works
    as well with Win7 32bit as it did with WinXP. I have not
    tried to use it with a 64 bit OS.

    Lugnut

    lugnut, Jan 2, 2011
  7. Internet Highway Traveler

    PeeCee Guest

    On 3/01/2011 8:41 a.m., lugnut wrote:
    > On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 06:16:55 -0500, "Internet Highway
    > Traveler"<> wrote:
    >

    >> "Internet Highway Traveler"<>
    >> wrote in message news:ifho9f$kip$-september.org...
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I am looking for a software, preferably free, that can assign consecutive
    >>> numbers to images, whether they are JPGs, GIFs, BMPs, PNGs, etc.
    >>>
    >>> I googled, seeking such a software, but was unable to locate one.
    >>>
    >>> I hope that members of this NG know and can recommend the software that I
    >>> am seeking.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>
    >>> IHT
    >>>

    >> Patrick and lugnut,
    >>
    >> Thank you for your recommendations. Much appreciated!
    >>
    >> IHT
    >>

    > Patrick's suggestion of Irfanview is good if you want to do
    > more than one thing at the same time as renaming. I have
    > used it to do a batch rename, resize and color correction
    > all in one step with Irfanview. If you do much at all with
    > images, Irfanview will become your indespensible "go to" for
    > many things. You can also make an image catalog to print
    > with captions or notes which I find handy. There are
    > probably dozens of things I have yet to use in it. It works
    > as well with Win7 32bit as it did with WinXP. I have not
    > tried to use it with a 64 bit OS.
    >
    > Lugnut

    Works just fine in Win 7 / 64bit.
    P.

    PeeCee, Jan 2, 2011
  8. Internet Highway Traveler

    lugnut Guest

    On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 11:10:08 +1300, PeeCee
    <> wrote:

    >On 3/01/2011 8:41 a.m., lugnut wrote:
    >> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 06:16:55 -0500, "Internet Highway
    >> Traveler"<> wrote:

    >>> Patrick and lugnut,
    >>>
    >>> Thank you for your recommendations. Much appreciated!
    >>>
    >>> IHT
    >>>

    >> Patrick's suggestion of Irfanview is good if you want to do
    >> more than one thing at the same time as renaming. I have
    >> used it to do a batch rename, resize and color correction
    >> all in one step with Irfanview. If you do much at all with
    >> images, Irfanview will become your indespensible "go to" for
    >> many things. You can also make an image catalog to print
    >> with captions or notes which I find handy. There are
    >> probably dozens of things I have yet to use in it. It works
    >> as well with Win7 32bit as it did with WinXP. I have not
    >> tried to use it with a 64 bit OS.
    >>
    >> Lugnut
    >>

    >Works just fine in Win 7 / 64bit.
    >P.

    Thx. Eventually, we will have to move to 64 bit to remain
    any where near current. I understand some apps do not
    currently run under 64 bit. I am pleased to hear Irfanview
    does.

    Lugnut

    lugnut, Jan 3, 2011