    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    I do not represent atheists or atheism

    Barry OGrady, May 21, 2007

  2. Barry OGrady

    Meat Plow Guest

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    #8 AUK Hate Machine Cog
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, May 21, 2007

  3. Barry OGrady

    old man Guest

    You would be better off with an Imaging app, assuming your mobo doesnt
    support ide raid

    old man, May 21, 2007
  4. Barry OGrady

    Vanguard Guest

    > Is it possible to set up a software RAID 1 with two IDE hard drives?
    > Can I mirror part of one disk with the entire other disk?
    > I want to have my 160 gig disk as 40 for boot and 120 mirrored with
    > my 120 gig disk. Is that doable?

    Do you realize that you will be slowing down access to the mirrored
    array but using software-based RAID? If you want to do RAID, do it in
    hardware.

    Vanguard, May 21, 2007
  5. Barry OGrady wrote:

    > Is it possible to set up a software RAID 1 with two IDE hard drives?
    > Can I mirror part of one disk with the entire other disk?
    > I want to have my 160 gig disk as 40 for boot and 120 mirrored with
    > my 120 gig disk. Is that doable?
    >
    > Barry
    > =====
    > Home page
    > http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    > I do not represent atheists or atheism

    It would be easier to have (2) 160Gb drives in raid 1 and have a dual
    boot config.

    Frank Sharkey, Jun 4, 2007