    associated files obviously. Don't know what else to try. Any ideas? Thanks
    in advance for any help.

    Rocco

    Rod Long, Dec 11, 2004

  2. Rod Long

    Chris E Guest

    Just a word of advice... be very careful messing with the Registry. You can
    really screw your system up.
    That being said, it seems you looked everywhere except where you should have
    looked. Drivers are found and uninstalled, rolled back, etc,. in the Device
    Manager. Try there.

    Chris
    A+, Net+

    Chris E, Dec 11, 2004

  3. Rod Long

    Rod Long Guest

    Forgot to mention...yes I did check device manager and..nothing. Thanks for
    the reply though. I am still looking.
    Rocco

    Rod Long, Dec 12, 2004
  4. Rod Long

    Rod Long Guest

    Okay, finally tried 'system restore'. It froze the computer..twice. Booted
    into safe mode and found nothing again. Then tried chkdisk(old
    scandisk)..system stopped responding. Turned the computer off for awhile.
    Then turned it back on..tried chkdisk again. It worked this time. Then tried
    'system restore' again. It worked this time. Turned computer off..put
    wireless adapter back in slot..turned it on..it installed the software
    successfully. Everything works fine now. Whew! What the _______! Would it be
    pointless to ask what happened? Probably. But now all is well with my
    friend's wireless network. Thanks for all of the input.

    Rocco

    Rod Long, Dec 12, 2004
  5. Rod Long

    Rocco Guest

    Okay, after back up his personal data I am going to 'wipe and
    reload'...unless anyone else has any other suggestions.

    Rocco, Dec 19, 2004
  6. Rod Long

    leno bob Guest

    its weird sometimes things happen to computers that we fix but we have no
    explanation for . just like when xp sp2 crashed my outlook express ( and
    subsequently , my news groups ) i had to reinstall completley because after
    finding my system restore was completely wiped out .. ( just a blank screen
    where the system restore shyould have been ) so now i have a dual boot with
    the sp2 for internet only and sp1 for all my other junk ... but at least ya
    fixed the problem and you can breathe a little easier ..

    leno bob

    leno bob, Dec 30, 2004