    matters.

    Thank you!

    Martin

    Martin, Nov 27, 2004

  2. Martin

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Have you ever heard of a scanner.

    pcbutts1, Nov 27, 2004

  3. Martin

    Richard Guest

    Martin wrote:

    > Hello,

    > I'm looking for either a software or web-level service that can create an
    > exact duplicate of my hand-written signature. I exchange legal documents,
    > and being able to sign an e-mailed Word doc would certainly facilitate
    > matters.

    > Thank you!

    > Martin

    Use a digital camera. Take a snapshot of the signature.
    Edit the image so it only shows the signature.

    Problem with that is, you need to include the image as an attachment which
    some servers will reject.
    Unless perhaps you send it as a pdf file.

    Richard, Nov 27, 2004
  4. Martin

    Martin Guest

    No! What is it?

    M.

    Martin, Nov 27, 2004
  5. Martin

    Scraggy Guest

    Martin wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm looking for either a software or web-level service that can
    > create an exact duplicate of my hand-written signature. I exchange
    > legal documents, and being able to sign an e-mailed Word doc would
    > certainly facilitate matters.
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > Martin

    Here you go

    http://www.fontifier.com/

    --
    There's a certain inefficiency in constantly questioning me on things
    you've already made up your mind about.

    "The Corbomite Maneuver," stardate 1514.0.

    Scraggy, Nov 27, 2004
  6. Martin

    Steve Guest

    "Martin" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm looking for either a software or web-level service that can create
    > an
    > exact duplicate of my hand-written signature. I exchange legal
    > documents,
    > and being able to sign an e-mailed Word doc would certainly facilitate
    > matters.
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > Martin

    San your signature and save as jpg then simply insert it into word
    document

    Steve, Nov 27, 2004
  7. Martin

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | Martin wrote:
    |
    | > Hello,
    |
    | > I'm looking for either a software or web-level service that can create
    an
    | > exact duplicate of my hand-written signature. I exchange legal
    documents,
    | > and being able to sign an e-mailed Word doc would certainly facilitate
    | > matters.
    |
    | > Thank you!
    |
    | > Martin
    |

    | Use a digital camera. Take a snapshot of the signature.
    | Edit the image so it only shows the signature.
    |
    | Problem with that is, you need to include the image as an attachment which
    | some servers will reject.
    | Unless perhaps you send it as a pdf file.

    Anything I've signed *always* goes as a PDF file, with security on. I
    *DON'T* want someone editing my text without my knowledge! (Same goes for my
    company's pricelists and such...)

    Toolman Tim, Nov 27, 2004
  8. Richard wrote:

    > Martin wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,

    > > I'm looking for either a software or web-level service that can create an
    > > exact duplicate of my hand-written signature. I exchange legal documents,
    > > and being able to sign an e-mailed Word doc would certainly facilitate
    > > matters.

    > > Thank you!

    > > Martin

    > Use a digital camera. Take a snapshot of the signature.
    > Edit the image so it only shows the signature.

    ROTFL, you just don't learn, do you?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Nov 27, 2004
  9. Martin

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    | Richard wrote:
    |
    | > Martin wrote:
    | >
    | > > Hello,
    | >
    | > > I'm looking for either a software or web-level service that can
    create an
    | > > exact duplicate of my hand-written signature. I exchange legal
    documents,
    | > > and being able to sign an e-mailed Word doc would certainly
    facilitate
    | > > matters.
    | >
    | > > Thank you!
    | >
    | > > Martin
    | >

    | > Use a digital camera. Take a snapshot of the signature.
    | > Edit the image so it only shows the signature.
    |
    | ROTFL, you just don't learn, do you?

    Well, it's not impossible...my Minolta has a "text" mode, with macro and
    close up, and it really is readable. But it certainly isn't the normal
    thinking on the issue ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Nov 27, 2004
  10. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >| Richard wrote:

    > create an
    > documents,
    > facilitate

    >| > Use a digital camera. Take a snapshot of the signature.
    >| > Edit the image so it only shows the signature.
    >|
    >| ROTFL, you just don't learn, do you?
    >|
    > Well, it's not impossible...my Minolta has a "text" mode, with macro and
    > close up, and it really is readable. But it certainly isn't the normal
    > thinking on the issue ;o)

    A scanner is about as "macro" as it gets. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Play Zork: http://www.xs4all.nl/~pot/infocom/zork1.html

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 28, 2004
  11. Martin

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    | Toolman Tim wrote:
    |
    | > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    | >| Richard wrote:
    | >|

    | > create an
    | > documents,
    | > facilitate

    | >|
    | >| ROTFL, you just don't learn, do you?
    | >|
    | > Well, it's not impossible...my Minolta has a "text" mode, with macro and
    | > close up, and it really is readable. But it certainly isn't the normal
    | > thinking on the issue ;o)
    |
    | A scanner is about as "macro" as it gets. :)

    True! My Epson has a slide attachment for 35mm film or slides. I really
    haven't had a need to test it out well, but that certainly qualifies as
    "macro".

    Toolman Tim, Nov 28, 2004
  12. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >| A scanner is about as "macro" as it gets. :)

    > True! My Epson has a slide attachment for 35mm film or slides. I really
    > haven't had a need to test it out well, but that certainly qualifies as
    > "macro".

    Yeah, you're not going to get any closer than "touching the subject".
    :)

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 28, 2004
  13. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Thank you to all who replied to my post.

    Much appreciated!

    Martin

    Martin, Nov 28, 2004
  14. Martin

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Toolman Tim vaguely muttered something like ...

    > Anything I've signed *always* goes as a PDF file, with security on. I
    > *DON'T* want someone editing my text without my knowledge! (Same goes for
    > my company's pricelists and such...)

    I agree.

    Noy clever to send a signature as a .jpg or 'normal' picture file. Even as
    a protected document there are ways to 'pilfer' an image if one is so
    inclined .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!

    Paul - xxx, Nov 28, 2004
  15. In article <> Paul - xxx <> wrote:

    >Toolman Tim vaguely muttered something like ...
    >
    >> Anything I've signed *always* goes as a PDF file, with security on. I
    >> *DON'T* want someone editing my text without my knowledge! (Same goes for
    >> my company's pricelists and such...)

    >I agree.

    If she cannot prove it in court, then she could be liable for the
    damages.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "lady chatterly and i hand yings leash to you. good luck. oh and it
    forgets its housetrained at times" -- edens morgan mair fheal
    greykitten tomys des anges

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 28, 2004
  16. Martin

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Paul - xxx" <> wrote in message
    | Toolman Tim vaguely muttered something like ...
    |
    | > Anything I've signed *always* goes as a PDF file, with security on. I
    | > *DON'T* want someone editing my text without my knowledge! (Same goes
    for
    | > my company's pricelists and such...)
    |
    | I agree.
    |
    | Noy clever to send a signature as a .jpg or 'normal' picture file. Even
    as
    | a protected document there are ways to 'pilfer' an image if one is so
    | inclined .. ;)

    True! Easy enough to print/scan a PDF. But still, since my contacts are
    pretty much only our regular customers, I'm not too worried about that.
    Heck, some of my customers call me for PC support...and I sell wood products
    for a living <g> so I doubt they'd even know where to start.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 28, 2004
  17. Martin

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Toolman Tim vaguely muttered something like ...
    > "Paul - xxx" <> wrote in message
    >> Toolman Tim vaguely muttered something like ...
    >>
    >>> Anything I've signed *always* goes as a PDF file, with security on. I
    >>> *DON'T* want someone editing my text without my knowledge! (Same goes
    >>> for my company's pricelists and such...)

    >> I agree.
    >>
    >> Noy clever to send a signature as a .jpg or 'normal' picture file. Even
    >> as a protected document there are ways to 'pilfer' an image if one is so
    >> inclined .. ;)
    >>

    > True! Easy enough to print/scan a PDF. But still, since my contacts are
    > pretty much only our regular customers, I'm not too worried about that.
    > Heck, some of my customers call me for PC support...and I sell wood
    > products for a living <g> so I doubt they'd even know where to start.

    Heheheh .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!

    Paul - xxx, Nov 28, 2004
  18. Martin wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm looking for either a software or web-level service that can
    > create an exact duplicate of my hand-written signature. I exchange
    > legal documents, and being able to sign an e-mailed Word doc would
    > certainly facilitate matters.

    Careful - a digital version of your signature floating around and in
    the wrong hands can cause a host of problems. I strongly suggest you
    continue to manually sign, or see about a PGP / digital signing system.

    --

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Nov 29, 2004