    DVD. I am looking for opinions of software to do that for running under
    Windows XP.

    Thanks in advance.

    No One, Jun 9, 2005

  2. No One

    Bob Guest

    On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 12:00:02 GMT, No One <>
    wrote:

    >Back in the day of LPs, I not only recorded them to tape to everyday
    >listening, I created my own "best of" and favorites tapes. I did the
    >same with CDs to tape and then CDs to CD. I have several Video DVDs
    >(music videos/video albums) and I would like to create my own favorites
    >DVD. I am looking for opinions of software to do that for running under
    >Windows XP.

    I have asked the same question here and elsewhere and only gotten a
    few replies. I did manage to collect a lot of links based on comments
    in various posts. If you find something useful that does exactly what
    you ask for it to do based on the description above, please let me
    know. Here are the many links, unsorted, unfiltered, bookmarked
    indiscriminately.

    http://www.womble.com/
    http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=38122&forum_id=31
    http://www.software-ph.com/articles/dvd-software.html
    http://www.software-ph.com/articles/
    http://www.software-ph.com/articles/pixela-imagemixer-free-download.html
    http://www.doom9.org/
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/getstarted/default.mspx
    http://www.atomiclearning.com/moviemaker2
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/default.mspx
    http://www.mightycoach.com/articles/mm2/
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/
    http://www.ulead.com/vs/trial.htm
    http://www.ulead.com/vs/trial.htm
    http://www.ulead.com/msp/trial.htm
    http://www.ulead.com/dmf/trial.htm
    http://www.ulead.com/vs/runme.htm
    http://www.ulead.com/vs/features.htm
    http://www.ulead.com/learning/videoinfo.htm
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html
    http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm
    http://www.videoredo.com/
    http://www.virtualdub.org/
    http://www.virtualdub.org/download
    http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net/
    http://www.uemedia.com/CPC/2-pop/
    http://www.uemedia.net/CPC/index.shtml
    http://storyloom.com/home/home.do
    http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/other/photo-to-dvd-usage.html
    http://www.dmnforums.com/cgi-bin/displaysiteindex.fcgi
    http://www.comfm.com/download/?log=52
    http://www.epinions.com/content_167038389892
    http://www.gocyberlink.com/eng/press_room/press_view.jsp?id=759
    http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/download/dl_file_new.jsp?ProdId=4&lang=ENU
    http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/download/dl_file_new.jsp?ProdId=3
    http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/download/dl_patch.jsp?dl_id=252&ProdId=1&lang=ENU
    http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/download/dl_patch.jsp?dl_id=263&ProdId=24&lang=ENU
    http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/products/product_main.jsp?ProdId=1
    http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/products/product_main.jsp?ProdId=33
    http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/products/product_main.jsp?ProdId=4
    http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/products/product_main.jsp?ProdId=48
    http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/products/product_main.jsp?ProdId=24
    http://qualityinks.com/title1.php?title_id=windvd5
    http://www.vnunet.com/personal-computer-world/software/2043594/windvd-platinum
    http://dvdaudiodaily.com/news/0405/18.windvd.dvd-audio.pack.shtml
    http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=9007
    http://appserv.gcn.com/22_22/executive-technology/23071-1.html
    http://www.maximumpc.com/reviews/software_apps/review_2003-11-19a.html
    http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/Product_Download.jsp?p=WinDVDPlatinum
    http://www.techspot.com/reviews/software/windvd5/index.shtml
    http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda_feature.html
    http://www.videohelp.com/
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
    http://vcdhelp.pricegrabber.com/rating_getprodrev.php/product_id=6205532/id_type=M
    http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/WinDVDCreator_Profile.jsp
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews54402.html
    http://www.laaudiofile.com/windvdc2.html
    http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1635&page=5
    http://crack.crackfound.com/crack_serial/windvd crack.html
    http://www.manifest-tech.com/links/dvd_sw_gallery_full.htm
    http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=270121
    http://www.doom9.org/
    http://www.roxio.com/en/products/videowave/index.jhtml
    http://www.vso-software.fr/divxtodvd/divxtodvd.htm

    --

    Map of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
    http://home.houston.rr.com/rkba/vrwc.html

    "Nothing in the world can take the place of perseverence. Talent
    will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education
    will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and
    determination alone are omnipotent."
    --Calvin Coolidge

    Bob, Jun 9, 2005

  3. With all those crosspostings you didn't include rec.video.desktop .. IMHO,
    a *much* better place to ask that question.

    --
    Richard Amirault N1JDU
    Boston, MA, USA Go Fly A Kite

    Richard Amirault, Jun 9, 2005
  4. No One

    Tom Guest

    No One <> wrote in news:5mmln2-08i.ln1
    @gandalf.grey-net.com:

    > Back in the day of LPs, I not only recorded them to tape to everyday
    > listening, I created my own "best of" and favorites tapes. I did the
    > same with CDs to tape and then CDs to CD. I have several Video DVDs
    > (music videos/video albums) and I would like to create my own favorites
    > DVD. I am looking for opinions of software to do that for running under
    > Windows XP.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    If you don't require menus, DVD Shrink will do it.

    Tom, Jun 9, 2005
  5. No One

    The Wizard Guest

    "Tom" <> wrote in message
    | No One <> wrote in news:5mmln2-08i.ln1
    | @gandalf.grey-net.com:
    |
    | > Back in the day of LPs, I not only recorded them to tape to everyday
    | > listening, I created my own "best of" and favorites tapes. I did the
    | > same with CDs to tape and then CDs to CD. I have several Video DVDs
    | > (music videos/video albums) and I would like to create my own favorites
    | > DVD. I am looking for opinions of software to do that for running under
    | > Windows XP.
    | >
    | > Thanks in advance.
    |
    | If you don't require menus, DVD Shrink will do it.

    Interesting, I've tried that myself (using Shrink) for the same reason but
    it always copied to the same folder or overwrites the original from the
    first save.
    I think I got round it using tmpg DVD Author or something like it,Adding
    each file I wanted from each folder I'd made.
    Any tips on how to do it with Shrink??

    T.W.

    The Wizard, Jun 10, 2005
  6. No One

    Biz Guest

    How about reading the guides at www.dvdshrink.info

    IIRC, they have an example of doing exactly what you want. In a nutshell,
    its rip each scene to a seperate folder, then create a new project using
    re-author mode. Its so easy an untrained chimp could do it...

    Biz, Jun 10, 2005
  7. No One

    Billy Joe Guest

    The Wizard wrote:
    > "Tom" <> wrote in message
    >> No One <> wrote in
    >> @gandalf.grey-net.com:
    >>
    >>> Back in the day of LPs, I not only recorded them to tape to
    >>> everyday
    >>> listening, I created my own "best of" and favorites tapes.
    >>> I did
    >>> the same with CDs to tape and then CDs to CD. I have
    >>> several Video
    >>> DVDs (music videos/video albums) and I would like to create
    >>> my own
    >>> favorites DVD. I am looking for opinions of software to do
    >>> that
    >>> for running under Windows XP.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance.

    >> If you don't require menus, DVD Shrink will do it.

    > Interesting, I've tried that myself (using Shrink) for the
    > same
    > reason but it always copied to the same folder or overwrites
    > the
    > original from the first save.
    > I think I got round it using tmpg DVD Author or something like
    > it,Adding each file I wanted from each folder I'd made.
    > Any tips on how to do it with Shrink??
    >
    > T.W.

    I gotta go with the Biz on this one.

    Misusing a product is not a valid criticism of the product -
    beside which, you had to authorize those overwrites, no??

    Untrained chimps might be a stretch, but 4 year olds might not
    ;-0)

    BJ

    Billy Joe, Jun 10, 2005
  8. No One

    GMAN Guest

    In article <Bw5qe.3916$>, "The Wizard" <> wrote:

    >"Tom" <> wrote in message
    >| No One <> wrote in news:5mmln2-08i.ln1
    >| @gandalf.grey-net.com:
    >|
    >| > Back in the day of LPs, I not only recorded them to tape to everyday
    >| > listening, I created my own "best of" and favorites tapes. I did the
    >| > same with CDs to tape and then CDs to CD. I have several Video DVDs
    >| > (music videos/video albums) and I would like to create my own favorites
    >| > DVD. I am looking for opinions of software to do that for running under
    >| > Windows XP.
    >| >
    >| > Thanks in advance.
    >|
    >| If you don't require menus, DVD Shrink will do it.
    >
    >Interesting, I've tried that myself (using Shrink) for the same reason but
    >it always copied to the same folder or overwrites the original from the
    >first save.
    >I think I got round it using tmpg DVD Author or something like it,Adding
    >each file I wanted from each folder I'd made.
    >Any tips on how to do it with Shrink??
    >
    >T.W.

    Um, select a "different" folder for the save?

    GMAN, Jun 10, 2005
  9. No One

    Tama Mativa Guest

    i havnt tried it but dvdshrink should be able to do it using reauthor mode

    www.dvdshrink.info for guides

    if you want menu then use an authoring software after dvdshrink. tmpgenc dvd
    author or dvd-lab can add menu and chapters

    www.videohelp.com for everything videowise

    Tama Mativa, Jul 10, 2005
  10. No One

    Goro Guest

    Tama Mativa wrote:
    > i havnt tried it but dvdshrink should be able to do it using reauthor mode
    >
    > www.dvdshrink.info for guides
    >
    > if you want menu then use an authoring software after dvdshrink. tmpgenc dvd
    > author or dvd-lab can add menu and chapters
    >
    > www.videohelp.com for everything videowise
    >
    > "Tom" <> wrote in message
    > > No One <> wrote in news:5mmln2-08i.ln1
    > > @gandalf.grey-net.com:
    > >
    > > > Back in the day of LPs, I not only recorded them to tape to everyday
    > > > listening, I created my own "best of" and favorites tapes. I did the
    > > > same with CDs to tape and then CDs to CD. I have several Video DVDs
    > > > (music videos/video albums) and I would like to create my own favorites
    > > > DVD. I am looking for opinions of software to do that for running under
    > > > Windows XP.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance.

    > > If you don't require menus, DVD Shrink will do it.

    I agree with DVDShrink.

    I use it often to make Best Of TV eps dvds. Most recetnly, TWILIGHT
    ZONE.

    You can set the start and end frames in Shrink's reauthor mode and then
    instead of burning to DVD, burn to HD folder.

    Then when you've ripped all the scenes you want, use SHrink in reauthor
    mode to add all those scenes to a single DVD and then burn to disc.

    -goro-

    Goro, Jul 10, 2005