    3. Don't write on the disk the copy unprotected of the original executable.

    4. Dont'need of high-level of protection.

    Thanks in advance
    Venerdì, Oct 4, 2004

  2. Venerdì

    donnie Guest

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 23:12:46 GMT, "Venerdì"
    <> wrote:

    >Sorry for bad english:
    >
    >i need a program that:
    >
    >1. Protect a executable with a password (ask the password
    >before launch)
    >
    >2. Can launch the password-protect executable from DOS prompt
    >by giving the password as a parameter. (important)
    >
    >3. Don't write on the disk the copy unprotected of the original executable.
    >
    >4. Dont'need of high-level of protection.
    >
    >Thanks in advance

    ####################
    Can't you just use windows user and group permissions to determine who
    can run the program? In other words, create a group and only add the
    users who have permission to run the application. Look at the secuity
    tab in properties of the application to see what I'm saying.
    donnie, Oct 4, 2004

  3. Venerdì

    Celtic Leroy Guest

    "Venerdì" <> wrote:

    >Sorry for bad english:
    >
    >i need a program that:
    >
    >1. Protect a executable with a password (ask the password
    >before launch)
    >
    >2. Can launch the password-protect executable from DOS prompt
    >by giving the password as a parameter. (important)
    >
    >3. Don't write on the disk the copy unprotected of the original executable.
    >
    >4. Dont'need of high-level of protection.
    >
    >Thanks in advance

    Let me ask a question before just supplying answers where there may
    not be a question...You are asking for an executable to be encrypted.
    Is this so no one can reverse engineer it?

    If what you want is to limit a users ability to run your program,
    password protecting a program is easily done with internal code...no
    need to encrypt the executable if this is all you need. And, a
    password can be passed to the starting program via command line
    parameters.

    For a program executable to be encrypted, eventually the code will be
    opened up into machine readable format...either in memory or on
    disk...once that is accomplished, it can be reverse engineered.

    The only other way to achieve this goal (launching an encrypted
    executable) is to write your own Operating System that reads the
    encrypted .exe and runs it, instruction by instruction, by internally
    decrypting each line of code...with that kind of OS you could also
    have the data contained in each register encrypted. You should also
    think about randomly scrambling the screen, as there are devices that
    can see what is being displayed on a monitor from over 200 yards away
    (even through brick walls).
    Celtic Leroy, Oct 4, 2004
  4. Venerdì

    Venerdì Guest

    "Celtic Leroy" <> ha scritto nel
    messaggio news:...
    > "Venerdì" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Sorry for bad english:
    >>
    >>i need a program that:
    >>
    >>1. Protect a executable with a password (ask the password
    >>before launch)
    >>
    >>2. Can launch the password-protect executable from DOS prompt
    >>by giving the password as a parameter. (important)
    >>
    >>3. Don't write on the disk the copy unprotected of the original
    >>executable.
    >>
    >>4. Dont'need of high-level of protection.
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance
    >>

    > Let me ask a question before just supplying answers where there may
    > not be a question...You are asking for an executable to be encrypted.
    > Is this so no one can reverse engineer it?

    No.

    > If what you want is to limit a users ability to run your program,

    Yes. But i dont have access to code of that programs. I need to restrict
    access to a lot of programs (writed by others) on a lot of pc.
    I do that with a other program that handle users & passwords in a
    database. When the specific user has the rights to launch a specific
    program (by giving correct pw e id) the 'other program' log that and launch
    the requested program
    by calling it by a command line. I need to give the password (thar nobody
    see and nobody know, except the 'other program') to permit the launch.

    Sorry for terrible language. I hope you understand.

    Bye
    Venerdì

    Venerdì, Oct 4, 2004
  5. Venerdì

    Solbu Guest

    Solbu, Oct 4, 2004
  6. Venerdì

    Celtic Leroy Guest

    "Venerdì" <> wrote:

    >"Celtic Leroy" <> ha scritto nel
    >messaggio news:...
    >> "Venerdì" <> wrote:
    >> If what you want is to limit a users ability to run your program,

    >Yes. But i dont have access to code of that programs. I need to restrict
    >access to a lot of programs (writed by others) on a lot of pc.
    >I do that with a other program that handle users & passwords in a
    >database. When the specific user has the rights to launch a specific
    >program (by giving correct pw e id) the 'other program' log that and launch
    >the requested program
    >by calling it by a command line. I need to give the password (thar nobody
    >see and nobody know, except the 'other program') to permit the launch.
    >
    >Sorry for terrible language. I hope you understand.
    >
    >Bye
    >Venerdì

    Understood. You need to do what was suggested by the previous poster
    (donnie) and use the Windows group/permissions settings. You can give
    each person, according to their login account, permission to run
    specific programs and access to specific files. This will limit each
    individual to only access the programs you want them to.

    Good luck,
    Celtic Leroy, Oct 4, 2004
  7. Venerdì

    Eric Guest

    Try Password Door.....
    http://www.xstudio.ca/pcsupport/security/dataprotection.html

    Eric, Oct 4, 2004
  8. Venerdì

    Venerdì Guest

    > I had such a program once, but I forgot about it.
    > I can't find it, so I did a search to locate any alternatives for you.
    >
    > And wouldn't you know.. I really did find the werry same program I once
    > had.
    > http://www.angelfire.com/biz7/ppsplus/

    Great, Solbu! This one works! Thank you!

    Only a little problem, but not so important.
    A copy of unprotected program was writted on the same
    directory of the protected program before the running.
    It have the "hidden" attribute, and was deleted after execution.
    So the security was no very hight, but sufficient for me.

    Bye
    Venerdì
    Venerdì, Oct 4, 2004