  1. BA

    BA Guest

    Hi has anyone got any information on software licensing or know any sites?
    BA, Jun 15, 2004

  2. BA

    Boomer Guest

    "BA" <> wrote:

    > Hi has anyone got any information on software licensing or know
    > any sites?

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-
    8&q=%22software+licensing%22&btnG=Google+Search

    Results 1 - 100 of about 558,000 English pages for "software
    licensing". (0.66 seconds)
    Boomer, Jun 15, 2004

  3. BA

    Brian Guest

    "BA" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi has anyone got any information on software licensing or know any sites?

    please be a bit more precise.. software licensing ist a very general
    word....
    thanks
    Brian, Jun 15, 2004
  4. BA

    D Guest

    The licence will be specific to the piece of software, so generic info is of
    little use.
    Do you have a specific Q on a some software?

    D, Jun 15, 2004
  5. BA

    BA Guest

    Like the laws, types of licenses etc

    BA, Jun 15, 2004
  6. BA

    Brian Guest

    "BA" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Like the laws, types of licenses etc
    >

    > "D" <> wrote in message
    > > The licence will be specific to the piece of software, so generic info

    is
    > of
    > > little use.
    > > Do you have a specific Q on a some software?
    > >

    > > "BA" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi has anyone got any information on software licensing or know any

    > sites?

    come on mate ur going to have to be a bit more specific that that to get
    reliable answers.....
    Brian, Jun 15, 2004
  7. BA

    Boomer Guest

    "BA" <> wrote:

    > Like the laws, types of licenses etc

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-
    8&q=%22software+licensing%22+laws+%2Btypes&btnG=Google+Search

    Results 1 - 100 of about 9,620 English pages for "software licensing"
    laws +types. (0.54 seconds)

    Boomer, Jun 15, 2004
  8. BA

    billybronco Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message

    > please be a bit more precise.. software licensing ist a very general
    > word....

    software licensing is actually 2 very general words ;).
    billybronco, Jun 15, 2004
  9. BA

    Brian Guest

    "billybronco" <> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:...

    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > please be a bit more precise.. software licensing ist a very general
    > > word....

    > software licensing is actually 2 very general words ;).

    thankyou billy ... missed that :)
    Brian, Jun 15, 2004
  10. BA

    Parko Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:14:58 +0100, BA wrote:

    > Hi has anyone got any information on software licensing or know any sites?

    I don't care about the OS you use. This is the way to go. On my Windows
    machine the only software I've purchased is Office 2003, VET AntiVirus,
    and a few games.
    http://www.opensource.org/
    Using closed source software and restrictive liscence agreements leaves
    you oppen to exploitation.

    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345
    Parko, Jun 15, 2004
  11. BA

    John Guest

    In article <yvDzc.43$yu4.9@newsfe5-win>, BA <>
    wrote:

    > Hi has anyone got any information on software licensing or know any sites?

    What aspect of software licensing?
    Programming?
    Mathematics of unique systems?
    Business controls?
    Tracking and large-scale registrations?
    Hacking and cracking?
    User issues?
    John, Jun 15, 2004
  12. BA

    BA Guest

    I want information on types of licenses e.g. OEM, site license and the laws
    if license agreements are broken.

    Is that specific enough for U

    BA, Jun 15, 2004
  13. BA

    Brian Guest

    "BA" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I want information on types of licenses e.g. OEM, site license and the

    laws
    > if license agreements are broken.
    >
    > Is that specific enough for U
    >

    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "BA" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > > Like the laws, types of licenses etc
    > > >

    > > > "D" <> wrote in message

    info
    > > is
    > > > of

    any
    > > > sites?
    > > > > >

    > > come on mate ur going to have to be a bit more specific that that to get
    > > reliable answers.....

    yep... or at least hope so..

    http://www.auditnet.org/articles/softwarelicenses.htm
    Brian, Jun 15, 2004
  14. BA

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "BA" <> wrote in message
    > I want information on types of licenses e.g. OEM, site license and the

    laws
    > if license agreements are broken.
    >
    > Is that specific enough for U

    go here and search for: copyright license

    http://www.findlaw.com/index.html?srchfindlaw

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Jun 15, 2004
  15. BA

    D Guest

    The Licence, in its self, is written by the supplier and as such can have
    pretty much anything he likes in it.
    The Law applying to Licence's very by Country. Some Countries apply /
    prosecute others dont bother.
    Did'nt I read somewere that in China some 80% of software is pirated/illegal
    copies.?
    As yr in the UK if you try and do anything untoward you will be prosecuted,
    if caught.

    D, Jun 15, 2004
  16. BA

    David Wade Guest

    >I want information on types of licenses e.g. OEM, site license and the laws if license
    >agreements are broken.
    >
    >Is that specific enough for U

    Not really. I think all we can say is that there are almost an inifinite
    variety of license terms, and for each license you need to read it to
    see what the Terms and Conditions are. So for example the definition if
    a "site" or a "user" can vary wideley even with similar prodicts from the
    same supplier. Some types of license may allow use of older versions (some
    microsoft select versions do) others (like most Microsoft retail licenses)
    do not. Each supplier is free to do what it wants, and most of them use
    this freedom extensivley.
    And as for the laws, then this is the wrong place to ask. Try one of the
    legal groups.
    But again these vary widely from country to country,

    Dave.
    David Wade, Jun 15, 2004
  17. BA

    Frank Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "BA" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi has anyone got any information on software licensing or know
    > > any sites?

    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-
    > 8&q=%22software+licensing%22&btnG=Google+Search

    WTF kind of newsreader is the above????

    Frank, Jun 15, 2004
  18. BA

    deKay Guest

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Tue, 15 Jun
    2004 19:58:13 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
    uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Frank" <>
    fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

    >> > Hi has anyone got any information on software licensing or know
    >> > any sites?

    >> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-
    >> 8&q=%22software+licensing%22&btnG=Google+Search

    >WTF kind of newsreader is the above????

    It isn't a newsreader - it's a link to a Google search.

    deKay
    --
    + Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk AC: deKay in Sponge
    |- ugvm Magazine - www.ugvm.org.uk Gamertag: deKay 01