    with windows, and not slow the machine to a halt? The smaller, the better. I
    don't want any fancy stuff, just a basic program to make an AVI.

    Cheers.

    J, Nov 8, 2008

  2. J

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 22:18:09 -0000, "J" <>
    wrote:

    >I just installed the logitech software for my webcam...'then uninstalled it
    >as it's too much of a resource-hog and it kicks in every time I boot up the
    >machine. I have no option to not allow this.
    >
    >Does anyone know of any free software I could use which would allow me to
    >create videos for things like youtube with my webcam, but will not kick in
    >with windows, and not slow the machine to a halt? The smaller, the better. I
    >don't want any fancy stuff, just a basic program to make an AVI.
    >
    >Cheers.

    Open "system configutration".
    Click the startup tab.

    uncheck any unwanted items on startup.
    reboot.
    richard, Nov 9, 2008

  3. J

    J Guest

    "Cork Soaker" <> wrote in message
    >J wrote:
    >> I just installed the logitech software for my webcam...'then uninstalled
    >> it as it's too much of a resource-hog and it kicks in every time I boot
    >> up the machine. I have no option to not allow this.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of any free software I could use which would allow me to
    >> create videos for things like youtube with my webcam, but will not kick
    >> in with windows, and not slow the machine to a halt? The smaller, the
    >> better. I don't want any fancy stuff, just a basic program to make an
    >> AVI.

    > Have you even tried Google???

    Google will be the death of usenet.

    It's like meeting your friends in the street and saying "can't speak now,
    'phone' you later though".

    J, Nov 9, 2008
  4. J

    Cork Soaker Guest

    J wrote:

    > Google will be the death of usenet.
    >
    > It's like meeting your friends in the street and saying "can't speak now,
    > 'phone' you later though".

    No it isn't.
    Cork Soaker, Nov 11, 2008