    that can create Panoramic photos?

    Thank you in advance for any help.

    NJ

    Neil Jones, May 2, 2010

  2. Neil Jones

    me Guest

    On Sun, 02 May 2010 12:28:41 +0200, Neil Jones <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am looking for easy to use software to create Panoramic photos. I
    >bought AutoStitch from Serif and am not overly impressed with the
    >stitching capabilities. It is an ok tool. Is there any other software
    >that can create Panoramic photos?

    Never heard of this AS from Serif,. However, there is a free version
    of Autosticth that has been around for years created by two PhD
    students at UBCo. I'ved used it fro yeaars myself.

    http://cvlab.epfl.ch/~brown/autostitch/autostitch.html

    me, May 2, 2010

  3. > Hi,

    > I am looking for easy to use software to create Panoramic photos. I
    > bought AutoStitch from Serif and am not overly impressed with the
    > stitching capabilities. It is an ok tool. Is there any other software
    > that can create Panoramic photos?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any help.
    >
    > NJ

    I have the equivalent software from Kolor - Autopano PRO - and I would
    have said it works very well indeed. Check that you have enough overlap
    in your images - I'd suggest at least 1/3 of the frame. I try and keep
    the exposure nearly the same as well.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, May 2, 2010
  4. Neil Jones

    OG Guest

    "Neil Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for easy to use software to create Panoramic photos. I
    > bought AutoStitch from Serif and am not overly impressed with the
    > stitching capabilities. It is an ok tool. Is there any other software
    > that can create Panoramic photos?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any help.

    ICE (Image Composite Editor) is a free download from Microsoft that is
    pretty good.
    Windows only, of course.

    32bit and 64bit versions exist.

    OG, May 2, 2010
  5. Neil Jones

    Alex Monro Guest

    Neil Jones wrote:

    > I am looking for easy to use software to create Panoramic photos. I
    > bought AutoStitch from Serif and am not overly impressed with the
    > stitching capabilities. It is an ok tool. Is there any other software
    > that can create Panoramic photos?

    I've had good results with Hugin, an open source project available as
    free download from http://hugin.sourceforge.net/. Prebuilt binaries
    are available for Windows and Mac.

    Here's a link to an image I stitched together from 9 handheld shots
    with a Pentax K20D, using the 40/2.8 Ltd. The stitching was done
    entirely automatically, just accepting the defaults suggested by the
    wizard (though there are a LOT of options if you want to get in to
    tweaking!). Some USM & local contrast boost applied in GIMP after
    stitching.

    (Warning, 8.6MB 10232 x 3178 pixel jpeg!)

    http://www.argaty.org.uk/images/LwrMiltonPano1A-I_bib_a_cright_.jpg

    Alex Monro, May 2, 2010
  6. Neil Jones

    ray Guest

    On Sun, 02 May 2010 12:28:41 +0200, Neil Jones wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for easy to use software to create Panoramic photos. I
    > bought AutoStitch from Serif and am not overly impressed with the
    > stitching capabilities. It is an ok tool. Is there any other software
    > that can create Panoramic photos?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any help.
    >
    > NJ

    If you're doing simple left to right melding, the 'pandora' plug-in for
    GIMP works fairly well. It is definitely simple and easy to use.

    Beyond that, I use the 'panotools' suite - which is also Open Source and
    free for the using.

    ray, May 2, 2010
  7. Neil Jones

    bart.c Guest

    bart.c, May 2, 2010
  8. David J Taylor, May 2, 2010
  9. Neil Jones

    me Guest

    On Sun, 2 May 2010 15:15:57 +0100, "bart.c" <> wrote:

    >Alex Monro wrote:
    >
    >> Here's a link to an image I stitched together from 9 handheld shots
    >> with a Pentax K20D, using the 40/2.8 Ltd.

    >> http://www.argaty.org.uk/images/LwrMiltonPano1A-I_bib_a_cright_.jpg

    >What's the animal in the bottom left-hand corner? It looks like a lion.

    A dog.

    me, May 2, 2010
  10. Neil Jones

    me Guest

    On Sun, 02 May 2010 13:31:42 +0100, Alex Monro
    <> wrote:

    >Here's a link to an image I stitched together from 9 handheld shots
    >with a Pentax K20D, using the 40/2.8 Ltd. The stitching was done
    >entirely automatically, just accepting the defaults suggested by the
    >wizard (though there are a LOT of options if you want to get in to
    >tweaking!). Some USM & local contrast boost applied in GIMP after
    >stitching.
    >
    >(Warning, 8.6MB 10232 x 3178 pixel jpeg!)
    >
    >http://www.argaty.org.uk/images/LwrMiltonPano1A-I_bib_a_cright_.jpg

    I like the dog rooting in the foreground.

    me, May 2, 2010