    GrabIT! hardware & software now completely useless or redundant, or can I make
    any use out of them on my new PC? Any help will be greatly appreciated -
    thanks.

    TrashFish9, Nov 27, 2004

  2. TrashFish9

    TrashFish9 Guest

    I wrote -

    >What kind of software do I need to make vidcaps - especially in JPEG image
    >file
    >format? I just got a new PC that's supposed to have a video capture card,
    >but
    >so far I haven't been able to find any info. on it about how to make vidcaps.
    >
    >For my old PC, I had a good-quality vidcapping device called "GrabIT!", along
    >with the GrabIT! software program that came with it to make it run. Is my
    >GrabIT! hardware & software now completely useless or redundant, or can I
    >make
    >any use out of them on my new PC? Any help will be greatly appreciated -
    >thanks.

    Pardon me, and sorry if I'm doing anything wrong, but I find it very hard to
    believe that so far my questions about software for making vidcaps hasn't drawn
    a single reply from anyone. So what's wrong? Doesn't *anyone* at least know
    what kind of software I need to make vidcaps, especially in JPEG image file
    format, from videotapes on my new PC that's supposed to have a video capture
    card? Again, any help will be greatly appreciated - thanks.

    TrashFish9, Nov 29, 2004

  3. TrashFish9

    TrashFish9 Guest

    A couple/few days ago I wrote the following -

    >What kind of software do I need to make vidcaps - especially in JPEG image
    >file
    >format? I just got a new PC that's supposed to have a video capture card,
    >but
    >so far I haven't been able to find any info. on it about how to make vidcaps.
    >
    >For my old PC, I had a good-quality vidcapping device called "GrabIT!", along
    >with the GrabIT! software program that came with it to make it run. Is my
    >GrabIT! hardware & software now completely useless or redundant, or can I
    >make
    >any use out of them on my new PC? Any help will be greatly appreciated -
    >thanks.

    Pardon me, and sorry about whatever it might be that I'm doing wrong, but I
    find it quite hard to believe that my question(s) haven't drawn a single reply.
    So what's wrong? Doesn't *anyone* know *any* answers to my question(s)?
    Again, any help will be greatly appreciated - thanks.

    TrashFish9, Nov 30, 2004
  4. TrashFish9

    Drifter Guest

    On 29 Nov 2004 18:02:28 GMT, (TrashFish9) wrote:

    >I wrote -
    >
    >>What kind of software do I need to make vidcaps - especially in JPEG image
    >>file
    >>format? I just got a new PC that's supposed to have a video capture card,
    >>but
    >>so far I haven't been able to find any info. on it about how to make vidcaps.
    >>
    >>For my old PC, I had a good-quality vidcapping device called "GrabIT!", along
    >>with the GrabIT! software program that came with it to make it run. Is my
    >>GrabIT! hardware & software now completely useless or redundant, or can I
    >>make
    >>any use out of them on my new PC? Any help will be greatly appreciated -
    >>thanks.

    >Pardon me, and sorry if I'm doing anything wrong, but I find it very hard to
    >believe that so far my questions about software for making vidcaps hasn't drawn
    >a single reply from anyone. So what's wrong? Doesn't *anyone* at least know
    >what kind of software I need to make vidcaps, especially in JPEG image file
    >format, from videotapes on my new PC that's supposed to have a video capture
    >card? Again, any help will be greatly appreciated - thanks.

    Answer... this question has been asked many times. Do a search on
    past threads or even better do a Google search on video capture and/or
    jpeg format. A lot of very helpful people here but they get tired of
    answering questions that fall into the "answer found in .005 seconds
    on Google" category.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Drifter, Nov 30, 2004
  5. TrashFish9

    Drifter Guest

    On 30 Nov 2004 05:00:22 GMT, (TrashFish9) wrote:

    >A couple/few days ago I wrote the following -
    >

    >>What kind of software do I need to make vidcaps - especially in JPEG image
    >>file
    >>format? I just got a new PC that's supposed to have a video capture card,
    >>but
    >>so far I haven't been able to find any info. on it about how to make vidcaps.
    >>
    >>For my old PC, I had a good-quality vidcapping device called "GrabIT!", along
    >>with the GrabIT! software program that came with it to make it run. Is my
    >>GrabIT! hardware & software now completely useless or redundant, or can I
    >>make
    >>any use out of them on my new PC? Any help will be greatly appreciated -
    >>thanks.

    >Pardon me, and sorry about whatever it might be that I'm doing wrong, but I
    >find it quite hard to believe that my question(s) haven't drawn a single reply.
    > So what's wrong? Doesn't *anyone* know *any* answers to my question(s)?
    >Again, any help will be greatly appreciated - thanks.

    Oh, and also it's the Holiday season here in the U.S. I wouldn't
    expect any snappy answers until after the first of the year.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Drifter, Nov 30, 2004
  6. TrashFish9

    dan Guest

    Maybe nobody has answered it because it has been answered so many times.
    Just like Drifter said. Now you're bing rude about it, so there is even a
    lesser chance of you getting help.

    dan, Dec 1, 2004
  7. TrashFish9

    TrashFish9 Guest

    Re: Software for making vidcaps? - How was I rude? (Sorry)

    >Maybe nobody has answered it because it has been answered so many times.
    >Just like Drifter said. Now you're bing rude about it, so there is even a
    >lesser chance of you getting help.

    Well, I apologize if I asked a question that had already been answered so many
    times, but I'm new to this newsgroup, and I did a little searching through it
    before posting my question, and couldn't find any recent posts that previously
    answered the question for other people.

    And I apologize for being rude, but exactly *how* was I rude??? I really don't
    think I was rude in any way at all. As a matter of fact, if you re-read the 2
    messages that I posted, a little more carefully this time, you'll see & realize
    that I didn't write anything rude at all. As a matter of fact, I went out of
    my way to be polite & courteous - using words such as "pardon me", "sorry",
    "please", "thanks", "any help will be greatly appreciated", etc. If you don't
    explain exactly how I was rude, then whatever it is that I said that was rude
    is likely to be repeated by me since it wasn't pointed out to me how it was
    rude. So exactly how was I rude? Please explain - again, thanks. I'd even
    say something such as "have a nice day", but then you'd probably think that I
    was being rude in a sarcastic way. :)

    TrashFish9, Dec 1, 2004
  8. TrashFish9

    TrashFish9 Guest

    >Maybe nobody has answered it because it has been answered so many times.

    That being the case, then I'm sorry, but please excuse me, can't anyone at
    least please direct me to the FAQ of this newsgroup, or anywhere else
    appropriate, such as any place where I could see the previous posts that
    answered the question for other people? I'm new here. Any efforts to help
    will be appreciated - thanks.

    TrashFish9, Dec 1, 2004
  9. TrashFish9

    Thor Guest

    "TrashFish9" <> wrote in message
    > >Maybe nobody has answered it because it has been answered so many times.

    > That being the case, then I'm sorry, but please excuse me, can't anyone at
    > least please direct me to the FAQ of this newsgroup, or anywhere else
    > appropriate, such as any place where I could see the previous posts that
    > answered the question for other people? I'm new here. Any efforts to
    > help
    > will be appreciated - thanks.

    Generally, most software that accompanies video capture hardware
    (capture-capable video cards, or dedicated capture cards) has the ability to
    do still screen captures. What software are you working with for your motion
    video capture?

    Thor, Dec 1, 2004
  10. TrashFish9

    Wizard Guest

    Re: Software for making vidcaps? - How was I rude? (Sorry)

    You have not been rude. Dan is a mouthy dick head and speaks for no one
    but himself. Typically one gets no answers because no one has seen it
    that has one for you. I'd help you if I knew but have never tried to
    capture video in my life.

    Wizard, Dec 2, 2004
  11. TrashFish9

    dan Guest

    Re: Software for making vidcaps? - How was I rude? (Sorry)

    Please stop the name calling of me.

    dan, Dec 4, 2004