    I'm sure it does exist, but couldn't find anything on a quick google search.

    Thanks in advance,

    Daniel

    Daniel, May 29, 2005

  2. Daniel

    Ian Guest

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    news:429980d6$0$79456$...
    > Is there any software that can be used to fax from a PC via a SIP or IAX
    > service ???
    >
    > I'm sure it does exist, but couldn't find anything on a quick google

    search.

    Why are sure it exists ? Faxing over IP is done with T38. But saying that
    there are a few server based solutions, Hylafax and spanDSP being two.
    spanDSP intergrates with softswitchs, hylafax is server/modem based but I
    believe it does intergrate to give a fax soution, When I get time I will be
    intergrating my hylafax server as at the moment calls are passed via a sip
    extension from * to the email/fax server.

    The problem with faxing over SIP / IAX is making sure the call uses a
    compatable codec end to end.

    Ian

    Ian, May 29, 2005